Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I really really realli like these wheels, and they are innexpensive, however I would rather they spelt Hamann correctly or just left the name off completely. :mad:

I realize they are replicas., but what is the point of spelling the name incorrectly? If I wanted a fake Rolex, wouldn't I at least want it spelled correctly on the watch? Sorry, aboutt the rant, but I kinda liked these rims, and if I would have bought them without noticing the typo I would have been upset.

Why are these rims less than $100 each? I am looking for temporary rims to last a few months, but these seem unbelievable inexpensive...why?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Maybe they are overstocked, or no one has bought many? Just make sure you get what you want I tried to return something to those guys last summer and it was a nightmare! :mad: They literally kepe recycling you thru their customer service system, LITERALLY! THAT IS THAT YOU GET THRU THOUGH! :thumbdow:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I saw that too and thought, "Why?". There were some spoon and volk knock-offs like that too.

I don't think those are available in 5x112 anyway.

·
Registered
709 Posts
probably spelled it wrong for copyright reasons. I'm sure the real manufacturer wouldn't want someone selling a wheel that looks exactly like one of their designs with their own name on it without making a profit.

And they're cheap because they're probably really shitty wheels. I wouldn't touch exel wheels with a 10 foot pole. Looks can be deceiving, and with wheels, you get what you pay for. If you bought those I wouldn't be surprised if they get bent within half the year of you owning them.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I got it at a flee market in germany. made in turkey or tunesia I think. I didnt even notice it said adiads till my friends in the us pointed it out. :lol:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nu Mu 356 said:
probably spelled it wrong for copyright reasons. I'm sure the real manufacturer wouldn't want someone selling a wheel that looks exactly like one of their designs with their own name on it without making a profit.

And they're cheap because they're probably really shitty wheels. I wouldn't touch exel wheels with a 10 foot pole. Looks can be deceiving, and with wheels, you get what you pay for. If you bought those I wouldn't be surprised if they get bent within half the year of you owning them.
Point is that they should've left it off all together. Also, inexpensive doesn't always equate to cheap or soft just as expensive doesn't always equate to strong and indestructable. There are plenty of folks with $3000 wheels who've bent them w/in a month of ownership and plenty with $200 wheels who've had them for years.

I've searched around and had a friend with Exel's and most of the feedback from actual users is positive, especially for the price.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hamann makes a lo-buck version of that wheel already. Called the Optima or Omega or something. Check the latest ec and you'll see the ad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
gezuvor
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing