1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
2,410 Posts
I dont think you"ll get too many people answering since these lights have not become popular with the "keeping it German" crowd.
I have the Hella projectors and love the over all result of function with look.
Sometimes going with something based on looks instead of quality or function just cheapens the look IMO.
One thing I like abut those lights though is that the corner lights are attached the entire HL. No more popping side lights if the spring fails and no more removing the Kamei long eyebrow if the bulbs burn out.
I'm sure the wiring is pretty simple and the Halo function I would think can be used by user to be "hot" on all the time or activated by seperate switch.
Maybe the seller on ebay can answer these Qs for ya.
Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Those i would like too

i was wondering once they are installed is it possible to use the light beam level control roller switch? And pix would be something too see please post soon do u like the quality too??

·
Registered
94 Posts
My friend and I both drive passats. His is a 99 mine is a 2001. We debated over what lights we should get. I wound up getting the fk angels. He ended up getting the exact pair you're looking at. There is a huge difference in quality between the two. The fk angels far out preform the kayee lights. while the corner light on the fk's may be a separate piece, the lights still look better. He paid $250 for his with shipping. I got mine through a group buy here on passatworld for $350 with shipping.

Here is a picture of the FK Angel Eyes on my passat:

I can't seem to find the picture of my friends. I keep looking for it and as soon as I find it I'll post it. If I can't find it, I'll have him resend it for me. Once you see the two side by side it's clear that the FK's are much better, at least IMO.

·
is a sweetheart
3,056 Posts
To the poster just above ^ , what brand/type/color bulb are you using for the halo rings? Do you have the halos set as running lights? Also, what type of bulb base do the FK angel eyes take? Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
To the poster just above ^ , what brand/type/color bulb are you using for the halo rings? Do you have the halos set as running lights? Also, what type of bulb base do the FK angel eyes take? Thanks.
I have four of these for the main bulbs:

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=SYL&mfrpartnumber=H7ST&parttype=301&ptset=A

I installed a Euro Switch for the headlights. I have it set to where if you don't turn the switch, the daylights remain on with no halos. In the city light position, i broke off the daytime running light pin, so the DRLs go off, leaving just the corners on. When I pull the switch out to position 1 (like you would to turn your fog lights on) the halos come on. That's the position it was in when I took that picture. If you turn the light switch once more to the right in the on position, the main lamps come on. I can then turn the halos on and off by pushing in and out on the switch.

All 4 lamps take H7 bulbs. When you turn your brights on, all four lamps come on. I've had new lamps installed for almost 6 months now and I have yet to need my brights.

As far as the halo rings, I haven't replaced those. The ones that came with the headlights have worked just fine. I pulled them out and it looks like the halo take either 5 or 6 little lights that can easily be replaced.

Hopefully that answers your questions. If you still need some clarification, just let me know!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts