Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't like hallowe'en. Earlier tonight I had my car vandalised outside my house and had the 3 wiper arms pulled off and the side mirror damaged.
This sucks. At least it wasn't broken windows or stolen...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
25 little scumbags, one of me.. I'd like to get them in a dark corner one by one and get their spare cash to pay for the damage, with a little reminder not to screw with other peoples stuff. Kids aged 15-16, so can't be touched under the law. The cops tried to get them but as usual they scattered.
:banghead:

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
From growing up in England and now being over here in the states, Halloween is like night and day between the two. Over in england, no one dresses up, kids walk around vandalizing shit, starting fights (and mainly when the person on the other side of the door didn't hand out cash but gave candy instead), and any other crap they can get into, where as over here in the states it's a family event, everyone dressed up and has fun, decorations, you name it, some people go all out with this holiday (now apart from the sicko's that try to snatch kids which probably happens in every country for the most part i'm sure)...it's SO different over here. I HATED halloween in England. Never went trick'er treating, never dressed up, it's such a boring damn country I couldn't wait to leave.

Sorry for you troubles though, that sucks!!!!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I went outside tonight to get the kids in the car to go to trick or treating and noticed a smashed egg behind my wifes cabrio. We quickly pulled it into the garage before we left. We usually don't put our cars away until the kids go to bed, you never know when you are going to have to run out for something. We have shared driveway with a neighbor and you can only back out and it is a pain in the [email protected]@ to do it at night. The other strike is I am teacher in the Reading School District and I am about the only person in the entire district that actually lives in the city. Most of the students know my car and if you piss off a teenager the first thing they go after is a car or house. I try to be a respectful teacher to them and they kind of respect me, but there is always one [email protected]@hole in the bunch. Sorry to ramble...it has been one of those days.

Michael

·
Registered
366 Posts
No offence to anyone who spend halloween for the real cause or just enjoy it otherwise, but now the halloween is being imported over here too. When I was a kid, halloween was in the movies and it should stay there for me. As you can see from above posts, it is just another "justified" event for idiots to go on rampage and destroy/damage property.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Every year someone either eggs the car or shoots out the rear glass. One year it was marbles and a slingshot. Another year it was paintballed. I have recently moved and the area I now live has banned trick or treating and I also live in a gated community so I hope that helps. My SF agent is used to seeing me the day after.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went out to the scrapyard this morning, and picked up a pair of aero (?) wipers from a crashed 04 passat. 20 euros for those. Blades are in good nick too.

The side mirror clicked back into place (more-or-less), it's just a little bit strained. It's not worth the expense of changing it for a daily driver.

A rear wiper arm and blade is hard to find though without going through the dealers.

I think karma will bite those little scumbags.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I was under the impression that mischief night is the day before halloween... not that this is an excuse. Some people just go too far!

·
Registered
27,581 Posts
dn5150 said:
Every year someone either eggs the car or shoots out the rear glass. One year it was marbles and a slingshot. Another year it was paintballed. I have recently moved and the area I now live has banned trick or treating and I also live in a gated community so I hope that helps. My SF agent is used to seeing me the day after.
I have had eggs thrown at the house,but not the car. Had someone smash a rear window and windshield on my Taurus wagon. 3 incidents in about 15 years. Pretty sure it was kids I had (and punished) from my hockey team I coached.

·
The "Odd" one
6,068 Posts
At 6'3 260 pounds I stood outside for most of the night in my Rosco P Coltrane costume yelling FREEEEEZE!!!! Then I cuffed em and stuffed em. Git git goo

Sorry for the troubles though. Car vandalizing is always a pain in the ass

·
Registered
715 Posts
JROO-VW said:
I was under the impression that mischief night is the day before halloween... not that this is an excuse. Some people just go too far!
Exactly....here in the States you have Mischief Night or Devil's Night depending on the region. As a kid, Michief Night was never more than soaping some windows or egging the sides of a building. The kids in Detroit used to go to extreme with Devil's Night and burn building in downtown Detroit.

Sorry to hear of your damage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts