Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After tire rotation and oil change, I noticed a feint clicking and sometimes clanging noise coming from the drivers side wheel area. I am not sure if it's front or rear. It is only noticeable with window is down and only when driving near buildings or homes on that side(where acoustics bounce back). Has anyone ever noticed this? Anyone know what it might be or how to fix it?...it's annoying. Have 40,000 miles on my Passat . Could the bellypan be hitting the wheel area? When I press the brakes the noise seems to go away. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I was going to say that maybe you had a rock in your tire. But if it goes away from pressing the brakes, then I would take it back to where you had it done and let them check it for you.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Anthracite said:
But 41,000 miles.....should brakes be having a problem so soon?
I think you will find that a lot of VW owners will tell you they replaced the brakes prior to 40k. Not sure why. Maybe someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I had a similar noise but from the rear, it would stop when I pressed the brakes. Well I knew what the problem was because I was getting ready to replace my badly worn rear brakes. Turns out one of my brake pads was worn down to the backing plate and that was clanging against the rotor...yikes. :oops:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.