Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine blew out last night, what is a good replacement brand? I heard about the Sylvania Silverstars but the link tho their site clearly states that the wattage of the bulb is not 55W (think its like 68 watts). I dont want to fry my harness as i use my foglights as DRL all the time. Any more recommendation on what I can get? I am running the Osram Supers right now but I dont really want to order online anymore.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
On their site it says Maximum 68W, I'm running Sylvania H3's as replacement for my 55W fogs and they seem to work just fine. Thing is that they're pretty worthless fogs, the amount of light coming out is not even close to my stock bulbs (much more white), but I mainly got them so the color would match my Xenons.

Their Replacement Guide also recommends those for Passats fogs....

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'm also running Silverstars for my fogs. Just got them two weeks ago. Seem to work great. I got them at Checker. They are much brighter (whiter too) than stock. you'll need to replace both....!

·
Registered
177 Posts
One of my bulbs has burned out. and i was watching the 24 hours at daytona and i want to get yellow fogs now. So is that just a yellow bulb or do i need to replace the lenses to get the yellow tint? oh i am also going to change the little bulbs in the high beam housing to yellow leds there was a groupd buy on those a while back they were really cheap like 5 bucks shipped for a pair. where can i get yellow bulbs?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I dropped Silverstar in my fogs on B5.5 about two months ago. They are great for all the gray rainy days in Oregon.

I also watch the 24 hours of Daytona...I agree those yellow fogs are great. :thumbup: I think powerbulbs.com has a all-weather bulb that is yellow...also check with PIAA the have some killer bulbs, but be careful of the wattage.

Good luck...

·
Registered
50 Posts
replacing the fog lights

Hello all, any one have a fast and easy way to replace the fogs? It appears to me that the whole bottom portion of the valence needs to come off. Is this true?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Gorgeous, Mr. Bouton. Thanks alot! I only had to replace the passenger side which I did from the bottom of the car by removing the horn, but this way is much nicer. I also looked into doing the driver side by my way but that looked recockulous. This way you lead me is much better. I am going to print it out for on going records. Thanks again! Club B5 rules! :bow: And So do you Sir.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
2k318t - Credit should go to Rich P who wrote the instructions along with a few other ones in the Information Forum.

As a new member of Club B5, you should check out all the articles in the Info Forum.

Welcome to CB5.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just replaced my fogs with the Silverstars and I agree they made the Osram Supers look like piss yellow. Now I am not sure if its worth the trouble replacing my Philips Vision Plus on my lows with the Silverstars?

Help...Which is brighter?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts