Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After drivng around I realized that it may be a problem being low...

I dont want to worry about all the bumps and potholes

I have a brand new still sealed in the box H&R Sport for a 2.0T Passat Sedan

let me know if anyone is interested

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Have you driven a lowered car before? HR Sports arent that low. Unless you drive on shitty roads

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
ajpen if u get it lowered, get shocks kameber kit and be ready to replace alexs, after a while the barings inside of the lowers alxes they wear out since there is so much more strain on them, u can switch them ( left to right, right to left) but still once those are worn out its $$$ to replace..

·
Banned
142 Posts
ajpen if u get it lowered, get shocks kameber kit and be ready to replace alexs, after a while the barings inside of the lowers alxes they wear out since there is so much more strain on them, u can switch them ( left to right, right to left) but still once those are worn out its $$$ to replace..
You are talking about a vehicle that is slammed to the ground... Lowering the car 1.2 inches will not change you Camber all that much (I am not saying it won't change) This is not a Chevy s-10 were talking about here this is a Fine piece of German Engineering. It can handle it. Yes there will be a little more strain on parts but you have to compensate with the shocks extra bump stops.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
You are talking about a vehicle that is slammed to the ground... Lowering the car 1.2 inches will not change you Camber all that much (I am not saying it won't change) This is not a Chevy s-10 were talking about here this is a Fine piece of German Engineering. It can handle it. Yes there will be a little more strain on parts but you have to compensate with the shocks extra bump stops.
ya kinda off that i had this issue then right?, there is a ton more strain, luckly some one took the car who is now paying about 800-1200 for extra stuff needed to correct the extra strain of the H&R Dropp. so go figure...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts