Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am about to jump into the great group buy for the Neuspeed adjustable perch Bilsteins. I have been running H&R OE sports with stock shocks since my car was practically new. I have a 2003 1.8T B5.5 with 16,000 miles. I would like to give the car a slightly lower drop in the front because for some reason my car sits 0.4 inches lower in the rear and I tend to notice it everytime I stare at the car (it bothers me). Would the adjustable perch Bilsteins take care of this for me if I set them on the lowest perch? I appreciate any responses. Thanks and take care.
-Lelo

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
If you only want to go 0.4 I would use the 2nd groove from bottom on the Bilsteins. Each notch(groove) is about 3/8 apart!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I just want the car to have a perfectly even drop. I am tired of the 'reverse rake' look.
Regards,
Lelo

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Hey whats up Lelo, yeah i also have the rake action. but see i have the regular Bilstein Sports. I was going to go ahead and buy the bilsteins with perches until Ed aka Schmove directed me towards ECS Tuning. it is the ECS coil over front kit, only costs $129. you can check it out here

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Volkswagen&engine=1.8T&model=Passat B5&submodel=FWD&category=Suspension&subcategory=ECS Coil Over

but the thing is, is that they work well with the Bilstein Sports or the same with other brand. i don't know if they'll work good with your OE Sports. you might want to give them a call to find out.

but yeah this is the route i'm going. thats better than paying the $3 to $400 for the Bilsteins :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Neuspeed Sports with Bilsteins on our car for over 2 years and loving it. I have not dropped the front end any lower than middle setting in fear of bottoming out.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
EuroTrio said:
Neuspeed Sports with Bilsteins on our car for over 2 years and loving it. I have not dropped the front end any lower than middle setting in fear of bottoming out.
Have mine 2nd notch from bottom no problems yet :wink:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TWhite said:
Those springs were developed for the B5. I think all you need is the old perches but I'm not totally sure.
That sounds about right. I ordered mine from tirerack in January 2003 and they did not have a distinction for the low vin/high vin for the H&R OE sport springs. But I am still on stock struts/shocks so if I am going to take the suspension apart again, might as well go for new struts/shocks.

Thanks for the picture Ronny. That is exactly the drop I am looking for, nice and even and not too low.

-Lelo

·
Registered
26,835 Posts
Just measure the height from the bottom of the shock to the bottom of the perch
plate. When you place the perch on the new shock,measure the height and set
it to the correct groove.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts