Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgot to mention this earlier, as me and my co-workers got out of my B5.5 a guy in his M5 :eek: stopped and said "Nice Car". I was like in cloud 9 :shock: 8) :D

Must be the shoes :lol:

I tell ya, eversince I got the wheels on and polished the car the complements have been non-stop. Even one of my co-workers who had just recently bought the new Acura TL was telling me how he "saw a beautiful black car, normaly I don't like chrome on a car but this one looked so good..." So I said "you mean that car down there with the big wheels?... That's my car"

Thanks for letting me share. :b5: .5 :thumbup:[/b]

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
i can top your story veedubyo

i was drivin and pulle dup to a red light
i hear this loud *RUMBLE* look in my left mirror, and wat do i see, a 550 Maranello, full carbon fiber body kit, lowered on 19"/20" wheels..(to say the least this thing was SIK!!!!!!) so im like :shock: and the light turns green, so we go.. meanwhile im listenin to his exhaust and then i had to change my pants.. ( :lol: )
pull up to the next light and he rolls his window down and is like "HEY, wat kinda car is that?!?" im like "its a PASSAT!" hes like nice car man! i was like :suspicio: "THANKS, wanna trade?" he just gave a lil laugh and took off..

boy did that ever make my day!

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
croman said:
i can top your story veedubyo

i was drivin and pulle dup to a red light
i hear this loud *RUMBLE* look in my left mirror, and wat do i see, a 550 Maranello, full carbon fiber body kit, lowered on 19"/20" wheels..(to say the least this thing was SIK!!!!!!) so im like :shock: and the light turns green, so we go.. meanwhile im listenin to his exhaust and then i had to change my pants.. ( :lol: )
pull up to the next light and he rolls his window down and is like "HEY, wat kinda car is that?!?" im like "its a PASSAT!" hes like nice car man! i was like :suspicio: "THANKS, wanna trade?" he just gave a lil laugh and took off..

boy did that ever make my day!
yeah I think I would have wet my pants with the sound of that car driving by. Nice story

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
veedubyo said:
Forgot to mention this earlier, as me and my co-workers got out of my B5.5 a guy in his M5 :eek: stopped and said "Nice Car". I was like in cloud 9 :shock: 8) :D

Must be the shoes :lol:

I tell ya, eversince I got the wheels on and polished the car the complements have been non-stop. Even one of my co-workers who had just recently bought the new Acura TL was telling me how he "saw a beautiful black car, normaly I don't like chrome on a car but this one looked so good..." So I said "you mean that car down there with the big wheels?... That's my car"

Thanks for letting me share. :b5: .5 :thumbup:[/b]
and who ever said BMW guys were snobby...goes to show you the B5.5 is also a classy car..So did you smoke him at the line..haha You have one clean ride..nice work

·
Registered
472 Posts
at the gas station today some lady pumping gas next me looks at my car and asks. what kinda Volswagen is that? i reply "A passat" and she walks around the car look and sais, nice car.. also a day before a guy was convinced it was an A6 heh

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
it's amazing what a set of wheels and springs can do to the look of this car. if more dealers slapped on nicer wheels, they'd roll them off the lot left and right.

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Its cool man, very nice ride. Its always cool to get compliments from people that driver higher end cars then us.

Ive gotten compliments atleast every day this week. I think its a combo of the fully debaged trunk, Zender rear lip and the tinted tails. Just floors people when I tell them its a Volkswagen. :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I get asked what kind of car I have all the time. or get the "nicer car, what is it?" I had a guy in a black A6 at the gas station tell me he likes the was my car looks and said he should have got a passat and saved his $$ after looking at my car. :thumbup: :b5:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
While at a gas station pumping, a nice lady in a Porsche came up to me and said my Passat is a beauty. Does that count?

Of course the lady is my wife. So I says, your car has a nice ass! :lol:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
powerslide23 said:
While at a gas station pumping, a nice lady in a Porsche came up to me and said my Passat is a beauty. Does that count?

Of course the lady is my wife. So I says, your car has a nice ass! :lol:
No, no, no powerslide...it's more like: "While at gas station, met beautiful lady in Porsche, complimented me on my car, took her home and made passionate love...etc" ...then tell us it's your wife :wink:

/karl

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all for the uplifting words. Puts a huge smile on my face especially what I've been through this week. In fact as I was going to work today a couple of cops (White SUV was labled Transit Police) stopped me for "speeding". Yeah right, in this road with 18's, NOT. They let me go, I think they were just profiling me or maybe they just wanna get a closer look at B5 :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
23 Participants
RAH
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing