Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went with my dad to our MB dealership yesterday to pick up his new car. While we were there, our dealer saw me admiring the TWO McLaren SLR's that were on the floor. (The owner of the dealership bought one of them at a charity auction for $2.1MM!!!! That one was the FIRST SLR in the US. The other was #3 or #4. As I was admiring one of them, he asked me what I thought of it. I told him it was crazy & that I was just watching the clip BBC's TopGear review of it & was amazed. With a grin on his face, he handed me over the keys & told me to sit inside to really get a feel for it. AMAZING!!!! A few pics....

Incidently, my dad got a 2005.5 (they made a few changes to the '05 E500 & dubbed it a "second generation" '05) E500 4-Matic....
Here are a few pics...

Premium Package
Rear Side-Windows Roller Blinds
Glass Sunroof
Multi-contour sport seats
Driving Dynamic Seat-left - This option is really cool!
Driving Dynamic Seat-right
DVD COMAND Navigation - One of the most intuitive nav systems I've seen
Power Rear-Window Sunshade
harman/kardon Sound System
Factory Installed 6-Disc CD Changer - very cool placement in-dash

Appearance Package
The interior features chrome-edged black birdseye maple wood trim.
Bi-Xenon headlamps with heated washers and active curve illumination
Front air-dam
Subtle side skirts
Blue-tinted glass
17" light-alloy wheels with 245/45R17 high-performance tires

Misc.
Heated Seats
Heated Steering wheel
Parktronic
Sirius Satelite Radio
Illuminated Door Sills

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SDPassatT said:
Nice. :thumbup: How'd the seat feel?
Tight. It really is a racecar. The seat was basically carbonfiber with a thin cushion, wrapped in really fine leather. I don't think they designed to be sat in wearing outerwear either. You could tell it was bolstered in the right areas though. The price tag on the one I sat in was $467K :shock:
When I saw that I was hell nervous getting in & out of that thing.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
How many cupholders in the SLR?

·
Registered
519 Posts
nice.,

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I really like E500 :) , but I'm not terribly fond of the SLR's styling. The concept SLR looked really nice, but I hate that grill thing they added to the side of the current car. For that much change, give me 2 911 turbos, and send one of them to Ruf. I can use the non-Ruf one for my daily driver :p

·
Registered
941 Posts
VWGUY4EVER said:
I wish your dad the best of luck.. Hopefully they worked out the bugs like they promised to because it's a great-driving vehicle..
I think you’ve spent too much time with Neon’s at Good Year there Spanky… :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

I still remember the silver E500 we drove that night… you know the one with the axle hop when it went around the corner… :roll: How did Mercedes manage to get an IRS equipped rear to act like that :cry:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.