Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hear everyones telling me not to do it? I really planned on doing this, but people telling me its not the right car to do it on? I was wondering what everyones input on this is.

·
Registered
537 Posts
i say dont, how are you going to get that amount of power on a fwd, even with amazing suspension and tires its going to spin.

get a 4 wheel drive and then do it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
how come people with GTi's are so happy with it, a4 frontraks and dpassat00 with his passat. i say go ahead with it buddy, im savin for it too ;)

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Dude, you are in SD. Jeff Moss can hook you up with a fat program to make it work for you. I say go for it.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what im saying. ive seen GTI's with 500whp and Civics with crazy hp pushing way more than 300whp.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Dan didn't have a 28RS. IIRC he had a 2871.

i wish. i had the T-2.small (aka T-28). I was planning a 2871 swap, but didn't wanna sink more money into the car. I just don't think it's practical for a daily driver. If I had a second car, then yes, it'd be great for weekends, but it was too much for me for a daily driver. Too much turbo lag.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
it just sux, cuz its a FWD car, gonan be hard to get the power on the ground, and just the fact its sucha heavy car, id still do it
yes, you'd have lots of traction issues in the lower power band. That's one of the reasons why I didn't get a bigger turbo on my car since my car was a daily driver.

fyi: my GTI is stock and has 200bhp stock, but has lots of wheel spin in 1st, and chirps the tires in 2nd.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
he uses giac
Jeff Moss works directly with Garret Lim on a weekly basis on project cars and what not. I'd strongly recommend Jeff Moss. He'll make sure that your car runs right, and will give you vag-com logs too to be used as a baseline. It might take him a week or two to finish your car though, so keep that in mind too.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm going to do the 2871r; but first; I'm doing a clutch swap (Spec stage 2+) with a limited slip differential. That will help power transfer; and keep the inside wheel from spinning during turns. I can't worry about if it is smart or not; I just got smoked by the new (fwd!) Mazda 3 turbo coming out of the I-95 tolls...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jeff Moss works directly with Garret Lim on a weekly basis on project cars and what not. I'd strongly recommend Jeff Moss. He'll make sure that your car runs right, and will give you vag-com logs too to be used as a baseline. It might take him a week or two to finish your car though, so keep that in mind too.
wheres jeff moss's shop location at?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts