Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a couple of you here running GT28r's and rs's, so my question is:

what's the deal (what are you using) with the water lines, and what is the deal with the oil lines?

i know you need to by an adaptor for the oil drain line, so i guess the feed just uses an AN fitting?

And i know it uses banjo fittings for one of the two, but will the banjo fitting from the k03 bolt up to the GT series turbos? i really doubt that, but it would be nice if it did.

all of this would prolly be quite apparent if i had the turbo in hand, but i wanna be able to price everything out b4 i go buying all kinds of shit. it would be nice if i didnt go running myself outof money :D thanks for the help.

-drew

·
Registered
618 Posts
Banjo baby. Atp has everything you need to make a tight fit. Stay away from their tuning though. On my 28r the stock return line is used. I had to replace it because i didn't disconect it then i was working on the turbo one time.

As for the water linnes, banjo on both sides with brass male to male adapters to the existing waterlines from the k03. Peace and best of luck.

What turning you going with? I live in philly if you want to see mine ever.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sweet, so i can use the existing water lines w/ATP's banjo fittings.

Right now, tuning wise im just gonna diode the ko3 software and run way way low boost (using greddy profec-b ebc) and mess around with the fueling. i heard upsolute has some big turbo software out, so when i have the money, i'll give them a call.

as soon as i get this together i'll let ya know, maybe we can get together sometime. what kinda number's ru running with the R? and what's all in your setup?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Haven't dynoed yet because i feel its a waste of money when i know the software is messed up. I know im not running lean anywhere so im not worried and im on the tuning hunt right now. I called an upsolute dealer and asked him if there is big turbo software out there. He said he would checka nd never got back to me. I've asked some people on here and am hoping someone can give me some leads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.