Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was picking up my Ford minivan and it just so happens the waiting room/cashier is in the Ford Motorsports Parts Department. So I go looking around and spotted several GT40 diecast, 1:18 scale. The interior, exterior and rear undercarriage was so well detailed, I just had to buy one. It turned out one of the wheels 'spindles' had broke when I got home so I just traded it in for a new one.

I'll take pics tonight but man, this thing looks great. They really detailed the rear frame, not just molded in 2D form, but actual 3D frame. You'll see when I get it home. Also, the interior looks just like it does in the magazines, complete with 5 point seat harness. Great detail as well on the engine, and little things like the brakes actually surround the rotor and yes, you can spin the wheel/rotors and the caliper remains in place! Grille details too. IMO, it was worth the $34 I paid.
this is from the Ford GT site:

*EDIT*
Ok, some pics:

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
You want some seriously detailed die-cast models check out auto-art.
They have fully carpeted interior, real metal engine, exaust, etc. they are amazing, also like $60, but it is so worth it.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rollininstyle2004 said:
You want some seriously detailed die-cast models check out auto-art.
They have fully carpeted interior, real metal engine, exaust, etc. they are amazing, also like $60, but it is so worth it.
Yeah, that would be slick; have to check it out. This was an impulse buy. :)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I know i'll sound like an ad here but serously, for the biggest selection of die cast models go to www.exoticar.com . They used to have a store on newbury street in boston that i frequented and has anything you could imagine. Over the years i've collected about 70 1/18 scale cars and they (this store) really are the best store i've done business with for my collection. The last model I got there...

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have one of those GT's and the detail, as you can see, is great. Made by the Beanstalk Group.

rollininstyle2004 is right, I have some AutoArt cars and the detail is amazing, from the coat of paint to the carpeted floor and trunk to the detailed dashboards.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
chucchinchilla said:
I know i'll sound like an ad here but serously, for the biggest selection of die cast models go to www.exoticar.com . They used to have a store on newbury street in boston that i frequented and has anything you could imagine. Over the years i've collected about 70 1/18 scale cars and they (this store) really are the best store i've done business with for my collection. The last model I got there...
Yes that is what i was talking about when i said AutoArt they carry alot of AA cars. Whenever i go to my releatives in West Palm i always spend like 3 hours in that store. I orderend from them online also great prices, shipping, etc.
Great Company :bow:
P.S. i only have 12 1/8's i have their Plexiglass cases (2 they hold 6 each) Very nice display.

P.S.S sorry for the Hijack :oops:

·
Registered
435 Posts
rollininstyle2004 said:
chucchinchilla said:
Yes that is what i was talking about when i said AutoArt they carry alot of AA cars. Whenever i go to my releatives in West Palm i always spend like 3 hours in that store. I orderend from them online also great prices, shipping, etc.
Great Company :bow:
P.S. i only have 12 1/8's i have their Plexiglass cases (2 they hold 6 each) Very nice display.

P.S.S sorry for the Hijack :oops:
You may also want to check out www.diecastmuscle.com Sometimes their prices are cheaper for the same items at Exoticar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts