Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I helping some friends load out after a local show, when some kid jumps in his mom's car and decides to park it for her... Well, I never knew that doing like 20 mph in reverse was part of parking a car! So he slams into my left front wheel, fender, and door. When I went to look, I can hardly tell that there's any damage until I open my door. It won't close right, the top is bent out and it won't seal, the fender is bent in and the door catches it whenever it's opened or closed. Then I get in to drive home (after getting insurance info), and there's all kinds of squeaks, grunts, and other noises whenever I start, stop, or turn...

So today I stop in three local body shops, and get around $800.00 estimates from all three. Then I stop by my friend's suspension shop, where I find out that left wheel is out of alignment by 1/8" (it was just aligned at the same shop 2 weeks ago), and the impact on the wheel messed up the front lower ball joints. What I found out is that I have to replace both lower control arms at about $400.00 per side.

So I'm looking at $1600.00 in damage from an accident when no one was even in my car! Man, I'm glad I have a great insurance company! I hope you all had a better weekend!

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
thats a shame to hear. i hope all gets straightened out (no pun intended...well not too much)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow, that's F'ed up. I guess you should not only not let other people drive YOUR car, but should not let other people drive THEIR cars!!! :lol:

·
Registered
191 Posts
What? You Didnt know? VW Passats have invisable bulls-eye on them that only idiots can see.
When I bought my first Passat in 2000 , I had 1600 Miles on iy and a damn kid tried to park next to it and hit it. Then around 4200 miles, the nieghbors lawnmower threw a rock or something and chipped the paint and a small ding in my door. Oh No...it dont stop there... at 35000 mile a idiot hit it in the rear at a stop light. $1800.00 Damage.
Sold it and puchased a new 2003 GLS 1.8t W/Tip.... so far they cant see the bulls-eye. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Blindfold7 said:
Wow, that's F'ed up. I guess you should not only not let other people drive YOUR car, but should not let other people drive THEIR cars!!! :lol:
I agree. I've had my car tagged numerous times parking at school. About 3 times to be exact. Nice little scratches from dumbasses that couldn't pass parallel parking in drivers ed :crazy:

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
damn that sucks! you shouldn't have to pay anything since it's not your fault. and the other insurance should pay for your rental.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
D.Passat00
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing