Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
grooved bilsteins have....grooves! ;) seriously, the grooved bilsteins have a couple of grooves cut on the shock body itself. You can then move the c-clip up or down on any of the grooves. This will either make the ride height lower or higher depending on the placement.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
schmove said:
grooved bilsteins have....grooves! ;) seriously, the grooved bilsteins have a couple of grooves cut on the shock body itself. You can then move the c-clip up or down on any of the grooves. This will either make the ride height lower or higher depending on the placement.
Hi schmove, do you have a pix or a link where I can see how it is being done. I do not want to compromise on reliability of the shocks

·
Registered
718 Posts
if you check out the group buy thread for the neuspeed bilstein sport shocks ( S_klass is running the gb) there should be some pics of them some where in there. the ones from neuspeed are made by bilstein for neuspeed, so they still carry the lifetime warranty and they have a total of 5 grooves. The middle one would give you the factory ride height ( assuming you use factory springs) and the top 2 would raise the ride height, and ofcourse the bottom 2 would lower it. I have them on my B5.5 V6 and love them! I have them paired up with neuspeeds sport springs which I also bought through a gb run by S_Klass and I love the ride and handling of them. They're not overly stiff, the ride is descent, and the handling is amazing. Body roll all but disappears. I have my fronts set on the lowest setting and it gives the car a slight rake, which I absolutly love! I have had no problems with scraping yet either, but I've been rather carefull too.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Oh yeah, just incase you were wondering, with the neuspeed springs, and my front shocks set on the lowest groove, it puts my front tires ( still running stockers ) just about even with the edge of the fender, so theres almost no gap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.