Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pulling out of the store today, i had to really get moving because i pulled out on somebody whoops. anyways my first to second gear shift was bad actually horrible it made the worst noise ive ever heard, would there be any permenent damage to the tranny it rarly happens to me so i was wondering what you guys would think

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
It probably didn't help but its like having a cigar now and again I would relate it too. Just keep it limited.. very limited.. to the point of never doing it again.

I doubt one bad upshift though would knock your tranny into shambles. How do I know? I have done many badshifts :lol: Cold weather.. grriinnd.. learning to drive stick.. grrrrinnnddd.... not paying attention.. grrinndd

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a buch i feel better now i thought i might have some metal flakes floating in there now, boy wouldent it be nice to have a sequential shifter just a random thought

·
Registered
331 Posts
While it's happened to me on occasion, I think it can be limited if you can quickly and I mean quickly get your hand off the shifter, and not let it be a looooooong grind. Mine have been more like a real short buzz, and I would get my hand off the shifter quickly! It's also embarassing as hell! :oops:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
FloridaB5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing