Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone! i'm new to this forum...i had recently bought a 99 passat gls, black 5spd

my previous car was a 99 civic si black, jdm gsr swap and some other modifications...

i'm still a honda-lover but i've always had respect for VW's. this is my 1st VW i've owned and i'm very impressed. smooth ride is the first thing i noticed compared to my honda.

i'm looking to begin modifying it(already installed my audio system). tints would b the next thing, and then chipping it before winter. anyone have any good recommendations for a chip? i was looking into APR.

again i welcome myself, nice website, and impressive cars u all have!

:bow:
:bow: :bow:

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Welcome to the VW family .. did ya bring the check book?? mods are addictive here. :wink:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx alot, already looking thru different sections and reading up on the B5, gonna try disabling DRL during the weekend and trying to find a way to mount up my radar detector nicely

thx for the quick reply ppl!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Welcome to the B5 Family.

My Variant is mainly stock, but I have an Upsolute chip. You'll hear good and bad things about all the chips; in the end, they all perform roughly the same. Upsolute is the least expensive, but aslo has the most limited installation (not switchabe by design) and can be reflashed by the dealer (experience speaks).

Have fun! The chip upgrade, whatever you choose, will be best performance bang for the buck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts