Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently VW has opposed regulation requiring stricter emissions, so they are now starting a smear campaign against VW.

Greepeace ad^

Original Ad (Which I'm sure everyone and their grandmother has already seen)

Ironic that GP decided to rail against one of the greenest automakers out there, but if they started doing things that made sense, they wouldn't be activsts, now would they?

:p :lol:

·
Zee German
2,711 Posts
I have posted a comment:

"I sense great fear in you, Greanpeace. You have hate. You have anger. [And you already] use them." (Dooku, modified)

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." (Yoda)

·
Zee German
2,711 Posts
Already on page 3 or so ... ;)

btw. here is an interesting thing to know about Greenpiss:

"After six years as one of five directors of Greenpeace International, I observed that none of my fellow directors had any formal science education. They were either political activists or environmental entrepreneurs. Ultimately, a trend toward abandoning scientific objectivity in favor of political agendas forced me to leave Greenpeace in 1986. The breaking point was a Greenpeace decision to support a world-wide ban on chlorine. Science shows that adding chlorine to drinking water was the biggest advance in the history of public health, virtually eradicating water-borne diseases such as cholera. And the majority of our pharmaceuticals are based on chlorine chemistry. Simply put, chlorine is essential for our health. My former colleagues ignored science and supported the ban, forcing my departure. Despite science concluding no known health risks – and ample benefits – from chlorine in drinking water, Greenpeace and other environmental groups have opposed its use for more than 20 years."
-- Patrick Moore.

edit: Anyone else noticed that this is probably just some Brits (Greenpeace UK) hating on German cars?

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,709 Posts
um ya so they arent going to be happy i have no CAT on my cabby or a carbed no emissions beetle are they :lol:

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Tons of companies oppose government-mandated emissions standards...but most of them favor efficiency gains, usually as dictated by the free market and customer choice. With fuel at $6-$10/USG in Europe, I don't think they need much more incentive to choose reasonably efficient cars. They've been doing it for decades.

(if anything, VW is among the leaders in pioneering direct injection, diesel tech, and now hybrids. STFU, Greenpeace.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.