Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great vid of Ruf 911 at Nurburgring! & Getaway in Stockholm

Check out this video...it is an older air-cooled Ruf 911 which sounds and looks to be in a very high state of tune, being put through its paces at Nurburgring in Germany. This is an awesome and scary long circuit where you can pay to take a lap in your own car. This guy takes the Ruf out there with at least 3 cameras mounted, plus a helecopter and some trackside cameras to pick it up from all angles. Gorgeous drifting and fishtailing through turns, and high speed run. And he isn't wearing a fire suit or a helmet!

http://www.creativemotion.co.uk/Movies/ruf porsche at Nurburgring 1.wmv

Also, if you've never seen the street racing videos "Getaway in Stockholm I and II, you can download them from this site:

http://www.foreverhardcore.com/downloads/video.htm

These are not street racing in the American sense. GIS I features a Porsche 911 highly tuned, which is pulled over by police in the beginning, then pulls away when they get out of their car and proceeds to go on a 10 minute high-speed rampage through backroads, alleys, highways, and the heart of the city...with three video cameras mounted to the car to catch it all.

In GIS II, they knew the popularity of the first one, and decided to up the performance of the vehicles...and they decided to have TWO cars play getaway from the police...a 450HP Toyota Supra and a 450HP Ford Cosworth RS. The camera is mounted to the front of the Cosworth, and you can hear the engine stringing out with the BOV hissing away on throttle down...and you can watch the Supra ahead while the two of them play through traffic at high speed.

There is a 3rd GIS, but I haven't found a place to download it. These guys are massively crazy, and skilled drivers who are really taking a huge risk and putting many others at risk too. It may be wrong...but it is still fun to watch!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
761 Posts
gjd6640 said:
ChrisDude said:
I got GIS III if anyone can host it :crazy:
It looks like it's out on Kazaa if anyone wants it.
i keep trying to get it but theres only a handful of users on kazaa who have it, and they seem to refuse any sort of connection :mad: and i have dsl so its not like i dont download fast enough...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you find it, let me know where...I want to get III too, and I have DSL...I have had the same problems getting it as you.

CHRISDUDE, Any chance you could send it to me? Do you have a high speed connection? If yes, It'd take about 40 minutes to upload and send...and I could download it.

Let me know!

I figured some of you may have known about these videos...I only recently got DSL, so I never got to see all these cool streaming videos and such! SO I may be a few posts behind sometimes.

If you haven't seen it though, the Porsche at Nurburgring is a very nice piece of driving and an awesome course!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
Z-dawg, thanks for the Ruf Porsche video.
I found myself wanting to reach through my screen to steer that thing myself! :)

Whoever was driving that is pretty talented.
I kept waiting for the pendulum effect to catch him through some of those S turns.

I'm at 25% for the GIS1, so that sounds like fun, too. tia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
zackiedawg said:
If you find it, let me know where...I want to get III too, and I have DSL...I have had the same problems getting it as you.

CHRISDUDE, Any chance you could send it to me? Do you have a high speed connection? If yes, It'd take about 40 minutes to upload and send...and I could download it.

Let me know!

I figured some of you may have known about these videos...I only recently got DSL, so I never got to see all these cool streaming videos and such! SO I may be a few posts behind sometimes.

If you haven't seen it though, the Porsche at Nurburgring is a very nice piece of driving and an awesome course!
Thats no problem. i got 256k u/l
How should i send it to you?
Do you have an FTP or someting
That GIS III is 625mb....(vcd format)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No...I don't have an FTP or a site hosted. Could you just attach it (I assume it is one file, vcd format) to an e-mail and just e-mail it to me?

My e-mail is in my profile. Let me know if this is possible...thanks! Unless you have other ideas, which I am open to (you proably know alot more about computers than I do!!)

I love the real, down n dirty-ness of the RUF video...the in car shots give a nice view, you can feel the car drifting, hear the engine beautifully, the tires squeal in protest like real tires, not like a hollywood soundtrack, and the occasional trackside camera catching a long drift through a turn at 80-100MPH is pretty awesome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
zackiedawg said:
No...I don't have an FTP or a site hosted. Could you just attach it (I assume it is one file, vcd format) to an e-mail and just e-mail it to me?

My e-mail is in my profile. Let me know if this is possible...thanks! Unless you have other ideas, which I am open to (you proably know alot more about computers than I do!!)

I love the real, down n dirty-ness of the RUF video...the in car shots give a nice view, you can feel the car drifting, hear the engine beautifully, the tires squeal in protest like real tires, not like a hollywood soundtrack, and the occasional trackside camera catching a long drift through a turn at 80-100MPH is pretty awesome!
I don`t tink you`re ISP would accept attachment of 625Mb in one mail.
I can send it on mIRC if you have that program....
Btw you`re email is hidden in you`re profile
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Darn...I didn't know it was hidden! My e-mail is:

[email protected]

Not sure what mIRC is...how can I check if I have it? Or how can I check what the max file size I can accept on my e-mail server is? I have a few different e-mails...one from work (not through AOL), and another DSL at my parents' house (they have a Bell South account which may be more lenient than AOL).

Sorry...I am not very familiar with many programs on computers...I am an amateur with them. I can e-mail, surf web, and use my work programs...beyond that, I'm clueless!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,780 Posts
Re: Great vid of Ruf 911 at Nurburgring! & Getaway in Stockholm

zackiedawg said:
These are not street racing in the American sense. GIS I features a Porsche 911 highly tuned, which is pulled over by police in the beginning...
Can you say, "staged"? The video is OK but if you've seen one in-car video driving through a city at night, you've seen them all. I liked the Yellow Bird video though! :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
zackiedawg said:
Darn...I didn't know it was hidden! My e-mail is:

[email protected]

Not sure what mIRC is...how can I check if I have it? Or how can I check what the max file size I can accept on my e-mail server is? I have a few different e-mails...one from work (not through AOL), and another DSL at my parents' house (they have a Bell South account which may be more lenient than AOL).

Sorry...I am not very familiar with many programs on computers...I am an amateur with them. I can e-mail, surf web, and use my work programs...beyond that, I'm clueless!
You got mail 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
I have the VHS tape of that Yellow Bird at home. Got it from the RUF dealer (Perfect Power in Libertyville IL.) when my dad had a car built there. Good stuff.

The head guy at the shop, Saul Sinderman, put a C2 motor in a VW bus. SICK!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,449 Posts
that's a wild video. he's got that car all over the place, too bad it switches positions every 5 seconds, otherwise it'd be a phenomenal video.
 

·
Confused
Joined
·
3,561 Posts
wow.....that was amazing....i got into my b5.5 after that to go to dinner....just not the same :-(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Oh yeah, racing through populated areas and going insanely fast on highways with other cars around is something these guys should be congratulated for :roll:

I too thought it was cool for about the first 30 seconds, and then I realized that what these assholes were doing was not only dangerous to themselves, but to other people as well. It's too bad the cops *didn't* catch them and lock them all up for a long, long time.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top