Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Great stereo in my Passat estate

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  pepealmada 
#1 ·
I ordered a stereo from Pumpkin official website for my Passat estate 2008 Bluemotion. I want to share my experience with all of you.

Great stereo overall. I fitted this pumpkin stereo in my Passat estate 2008 Bluemotion. Instructions weren’t very clear. I was getting confused about the 2 power adapters. Anyways, I decided to try the power adapter which didn’t have a CANbus decoder (no red box attached). Ended up leaving my car battery dead the next day. I went and did a little research and messaged customer support. I asked what power adapter should I use to prevent the car battery from draining. Customer support quickly replied and said to use the power adapter with the can bus decoder (with the red box attached). I switched the power adapters around and no car battery drain :).

Looks great in my Passat estate and it’s very responsive. I was a bit skeptical about buying a pumpkin stereo because of battery drainage (the product advertised didn’t mention an important point that it doesn’t drain the car battery). Very happy with the product overall. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.