Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a stereo from Pumpkin official website for my Passat estate 2008 Bluemotion. I want to share my experience with all of you.

Great stereo overall. I fitted this pumpkin stereo in my Passat estate 2008 Bluemotion. Instructions weren’t very clear. I was getting confused about the 2 power adapters. Anyways, I decided to try the power adapter which didn’t have a CANbus decoder (no red box attached). Ended up leaving my car battery dead the next day. I went and did a little research and messaged customer support. I asked what power adapter should I use to prevent the car battery from draining. Customer support quickly replied and said to use the power adapter with the can bus decoder (with the red box attached). I switched the power adapters around and no car battery drain :).

Looks great in my Passat estate and it’s very responsive. I was a bit skeptical about buying a pumpkin stereo because of battery drainage (the product advertised didn’t mention an important point that it doesn’t drain the car battery). Very happy with the product overall. Cheers!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts