4 (4 oz.)Gourmet Burgers
10 portions Potatoes au Gratin
Freebie : 6 Burgers
Freebie : Cutlery & Cutting Board

http://www.slickdeals.net/#p4178

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I always wondered about those... whether they're all that or not. That's a whole lot of meat!! Translated, a whole lot of cholestrol and fat, plus unknown amounts of salt, preserves, and other agents to keep it fresh. But maybe they're unseasoned. Still a whole lot of meat.. could be good though! :D

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Well, if you guess that the burgers are 1/4lb, and the potatoes and cutlery/cutting board combo are cheesy, all of that meat only comes out to about 8lbs total. And at $60, you're still paying about $7.50/lb.

About once a year we go in on a steer with my sister's family and her in-laws. We usually end up with about 100lbs of prime steaks, roasts, and juicy, lean burgers. All that tasty meat (unseasoned, to boot) for around $1.30/lb. :D

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
10 portions Potatoes au Gratin
Oh yeah, the potatoes really are cheesy. :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
My wife gave me a similar package (less potatoes/knife crap) for Father's Day. I enjoyed it but IMO is over hyped. The Costco steaks/meat are just as delicious and fresher. Oh and alot cheaper.

Now we get this junk mail from Omaha Steaks every week. :mad:

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I think Omaha steaks are tasty, but seldom buy them. I've stopped buying Costco Steaks altogether, as I think they are cut too thick, and are just too large for mere mortals. :p

As for this offer, well, too much of it has been through a grinder, and that's a no-no for me. :thumbdow:

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
powerslide23 said:
My wife gave me a similar package (less potatoes/knife crap) for Father's Day. I enjoyed it but IMO is over hyped. The Costco steaks/meat are just as delicious and fresher. Oh and alot cheaper.
Phil, you guys don't slaughter your own food? I thought you were Filipino? :p Oh wait I had flashbacks of my parents telling me how they walked through the blinding snow and barefoot in the Philippines :D

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
schmove said:
powerslide23 said:
Phil, you guys don't slaughter your own food? I thought you were Filipino? :p Oh wait I had flashbacks of my parents telling me how they walked through the blinding snow and barefoot in the Philippines :D
I am FBI and my wife is German.

Yes, I can cut-up any meat and will "PAK" it too. My buddies and I go to Chino and buy goat, calf and pigs so we can slaughter it and get all the internal organs for a tasty pulutan. :lol:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I bought ribeyes at Sam's for 5.88 a pound.

I figured that they must have gotten a good deal on some mad cows.

So far so good. I'm not acting any crazier than usual.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Johnny B5.5 said:
I bought ribeyes at Sam's for 5.88 a pound.

I figured that they must have gotten a good deal on some mad cows.

So far so good. I'm not acting any crazier than usual.
Come down here and have some brain tacos (Tacos de cezos)! Yum-yum. :p

·
Loose female member
4,885 Posts
They are always running offers like this.
Unfortunatly this one has expired..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
V6er
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing