Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought the CV Boot went south again, so I had it checked at EF1. Apparently the CV Boot wasn't ripped or damaged whatsoever. We moved the joint all around since the axle was off the car. No grease or anything came out of the ribs of the boot. But when I got home there were still specks of grease on the wheels. What's up with that? Where is that grease comming from? Is it sort of leaking out of the sides of the cv boot?

:???:

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Ed, I would check and make sur that the axle bolt is to spec. I think 195 ft lbs? If its loose, it could seep. Also, check all of your boots on the control arms. Those are filled with grease, and if one of those are broke, it could spray grease on the wheels. Another thing to check would be the brake bleeder screw. Just make sure is about hand tight so it doesnt leak.

HTH,
Steve

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hrrm, my upper right control arm's rear bushing is totally disintegrated. Could that have been a cause? The bushing is totally almost gone. The f'n control arm just hangs there, basically just on the bolt that goes through. PIECE OF SHIT, I just bought them CA's a few months ago. Could that be the culprit of the grease? Thank you Steve ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Scuba2001
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing