Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
Who can give hints about really effective method to wash the graffiti from my car? I have tried some methods but they did not help. Well, I used the nail polish remover and WD.
What else can be done?
Thanks

·
Administrator
23,357 Posts
Every car has paint. You can research elsewhere on the Internet. It doesn't have to he vw specific. Some have used acetone, brake cleaner, mineral spirits....you just have to wash it afterwards and rewax. Like right after you remove the spray.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you tried the detailing clay? I didn't even know about this stuff until a couple of years ago, but it worked well when I needed to get some spray off of my car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Simple kerosene diluted with water can surely clean it out. And for better cleaning clay bar and polishing would surely rejuvenate the finish.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The best way to get spray paint off your car is to avoid getting it on there in the first place. How do i do that you ask? Don't see more than one lady at at time!

Luckily for you rattle can does not have hardner, your clear coat does. Paint thinner, acetone and gasoline all eat rattle can paint. Trick is to not use enough to eat your clear coat. Test in an inconspicuous place first like inside a door jam or trunk space.

This message has been brought to you by someone who flew too close to the sun and crashed in a burning ball of glory. Or shame.

·
in dire need of an organic chemistry lesson
2,288 Posts
I have used premium gas (Octane 93) to clean paint on my old car. Just don't do it under the sun. Have a sponge ready. Just clean the paint and wipe it with wet sponge. That's it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts