Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, like most other days in FL during the summer, you know the saying "When it rains, it pours." Well whoever said that is f'king correct. Anyway, I'm running over to my car during the rain so i can go to work, well when I get in I notice a small wet spot on my floor mat, maybe about 4 inches in diameter. I'm thinking to my self, you've got to be kidding me. I roll out of the driveway and a steady stream of water just starts flowing onto my leg from somewhere under the dash, even better. It did eventually stop, but I have no clue where its getting in at, and I also noticed a little water on the passenger side floormat towards the door jamb.

And to make matters worse, my A/C smells like shiat!! So on top of the water, since its raining I cant roll my windows down so I now have this oh-so-cool musty AC running.

Going to the dealership tomorrow see if they would be kind enough to tell me what the problem might be so I can fix it my self.

Any ideas as to what my be causeing either, other than the fact that the water is comeing from the rain, I know that already ;)

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Summer rain? Chance would be a fine thing. I could leave the sun roof open until November :(

quality_sound: Beale? Say hello to Agus when he gets there for his stint next month.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quality_sound said:
I'd check the seal on the cabin pollen filter under the hood and the sunroof drain tubes.

Paul :thumbup:

And where could I locate those kind sir? :)

And im pretty sure I need to clean the pollen filter in the first place, so finding it would be a plus.

OT: But I got around to cleaning out the "snow filter" on the intake, a nice thick layer of dirt, leaves and the occasional dragon fly. Haven't noticed a difference but hey atleast its cleaner now.

·
Registered
248 Posts
While highly unlikely, check the hole inside the ECU box which leads into the cabin. That would be bad news if it was wet inside the ECU box, but who knows. The ECU box is that black box to the right of the brake fluid reservoir as you are standing at the front of the car looking in. Water could be leaking down behind that and getting into your cabin I suppose.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That was my guess as well, since that was the only thing that I could think of that would allow water to come in from the engine bay.

·
Registered
283 Posts
also check that the drain underneath your battery is not clogged. If that gets clogged the space behind the front firewall and the firewall to the cabin can get flooded and spill over into your pollen filter.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, I'm assuming just take the battery out and check to see if it's clogged? Seems easy enough. Also, where's the pollen filter located? I'm pretty sure I need to clean that out too.

Thanks guys.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can I wash out the stock filter and replace it or would I have to buy a replacement? If so, would an auto parts store have one, or would I have to go through VW?

Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.