Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the only time that it's happened.

Only thing I can think of is moisture, it rained all day and I drove all day. The last time it happened was in the snow, then the ABS actually diasbled.

I'm denying 'abs control failure' and will not buy one :roll:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Same thing happened to me. The Abs Sensor on the Passanger Front side the wires where exposed causing a short to ground. Check all your sensors make sure theres good connections.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I blew off the brake dust earlier in the day w/a pressure washer, also I could very well need rear brakes. My fluid levels are perfect as I check them all at least once per week. The last thing I can think of is that the battery has been getting weak, I just filled it up and it needed it too, but the A/C just might kill it this summer. So, since I had the AC on when this happened at night with fog and all my lights on, when I hit the brakes I'm thinking it almost wanted to stall out or die, then the ABS light and Beep went off.

I'm gonna check out the pads and sensors this week, but don't really think the light will come back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.