Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went up to NY (Saugerties) to get them and have them installed. :D :thumbup:

We had fun installing them. :thumbup: Check it out!







Here are the old seats we are replacing!



And what we swapped in!



Progress... wires... no seats...





Here we are taking a break, in the recaros. :crazy:



And drum roll please!










Rick (PhunkFX on Vortex) was very helpful in the install and I look forward to seeing him again in the future at other Audi related events! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,730 Posts
Sweet, those look pretty nice in there. Your CGT looks to be in excellent condition! :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a scratch on her, everything works properly and the engine is in a fine state of tune. She still zips along quite nicely (0-60 in 7.9 seconds from 130 HP/147lb.ft. of torque) and still returns a nice 32 MPG on the hihgway. Not bad for a 17 year old car that has never had any major engine/drivetrain work...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,730 Posts
duandcc said:
Not a scratch on her, everything works properly and the engine is in a fine state of tune. She still zips along quite nicely (0-60 in 7.9 seconds from 130 HP/147lb.ft. of torque) and still returns a nice 32 MPG on the hihgway. Not bad for a 17 year old car that has never had any major engine/drivetrain work...
Hey not bad at all - it still really looks good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
667 Posts
I haven't sat in mine since the last time I replyed to your post about wanting these. Is the guy in the pic to the left named Ricky, I met him and a few others at Waterfest and we all hung out at H2O. I know you enjoyed them on the drive back. :thumbup:

big byrd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,292 Posts
between byrd and duane posting pics of these you guys peer pressured me into buying them....I bought a set about 2 weeks ago :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,730 Posts
Z28Driver said:
between byrd and duane posting pics of these you guys peer pressured me into buying them....I bought a set about 2 weeks ago :oops:
How is your project coming along? I haven't seen an update in a while?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,292 Posts
Sullie said:
Z28Driver said:
between byrd and duane posting pics of these you guys peer pressured me into buying them....I bought a set about 2 weeks ago :oops:
How is your project coming along? I haven't seen an update in a while?
its going good...but slow...I have the rear axle for it, the front brakes are here, seats, all exterior pieces, I do have to tear into the motor but I have so far been focusing on getting the body ready to go.....I figure people bored of my updates so i stopped :oops: some of the stuff I am doing hasn't been done to my knowledge and I am trying to get it done before I show it off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,730 Posts
Boring? No way, I admire the hell out of you, AtomicAlex, duandcc, my brother-in-law and others who are restoring cars. I'm fascinated and I wish I had the time, talent, patience, garage space and everything else it takes to do that AND take pictures for us wannabe's in addition to all your hard work.

So kudos to all you restorers, I'm jealous as hell and I love seeing your pictures! Keep up the good work and keep posting pictures everyone! :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sometime I think I'm :crazy: for putting the time & $$ into the old CGT, but then I go for a drive on a twisty road or blow a r1cer off the line and all is forgiven. Next planned upgrades are E-code lights, factory fogs, factory rear fog, new window seals (sounds like a hurricane above 55 MPH), then new leather door panels. Then, later down the road, she will be getting either a 2.2 ltr MC2 turbo I5 or possibly a 4.2 ltr V8...
 

·
Lisa Simpson
Joined
·
15,043 Posts
Steven has decided that life with the Rabbit is better than life without it. Sort of. Certainly cheaper!

I am taking the opposite tack - engine first, everything else later. I have promised to keep it running during the summers and work during the winters. Mmmmm, head rebuild! Plus, I have to save up for the big alcantara/leather purchase!

Joe - I am awaiting more secret info. :)

Dave - nice find! They look great.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top