Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i might get flamed for this.... but here i go i was driving on I-75 in very light traffic during the day when i see an fx35 coming up behind me very fast in the left lane(im goin 80) so i move over a lane he pulls up next to me, slows down looks at my car then steps on it and so do i. we both keep pulling till we get to about 120 when i finnally backed down cause of traffic. mean while he continues to weave in and out of traffic at 100++ speeds. i couldnt believe wat i saw i have an entirely new respect for that SUV
-Zach

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
you should have an entirely new lack of respect for the fuckin idiots that high speed on the road with trucks and suv's.... :thumbdow: probably on some tires that are not rated for what there doing, chances are their center of gravity is not meant for that either. 8)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I'm going to guess that the guy in the FX35 complains every day about the high price of gas, while likely getting under 4MPG at 100MPH+ in a 2 ton truck.

120+ in traffic is ridiculous, whether you're in an FX35 or an Enzo. If it's 2AM on a Sunday, hey, let it rip, but not on a Friday afternoon. I've seen far too many jackasses switch lanes for no apparent reason (to pass the truck that's 3000 ft. ahead?) to go over 100 in any kind of traffic.

·
Banned
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i agee with u it was stupid but the stretch of highway where we both stepped on it was completly free of other cars at the given time, and once we hit light traffic i slowed back down to 80 (speed limit is 70) i wasnt trying to take other peoples lives into my own hands

·
Registered
544 Posts
redb5sdca said:
you should have an entirely new lack of respect for the fuckin idiots that high speed on the road with trucks and suv's.... :thumbdow: probably on some tires that are not rated for what there doing, chances are their center of gravity is not meant for that either. 8)
While I do agree that it is stupid and reckless to drive like this, the FX35/45 is no SUV, but more of a tall sport wagon. It's built on the FM platform (G35, Z car chassis) and while it does have a slightly higher center of gravity, it also has a very firm suspension and wide, performance tires (definitely NOT truck tires). It's built to handle speed.

Here are some numbers for perspective....
.85 g's on the skidpad
70-0mph braking in 177'
0-60 in 6.3-7.3 seconds (45 vs. 35)
1/4 mile in 15.0-15.6 (45 vs. 35)
and a weight of around 4400lbs. (heavy for sure, but about 1000lbs. less than the Touareg and 400 more than a Passat W8.)

·
Registered
311 Posts
I like a dude who isn't partail... Nissan's are great w/ performance...
And to the guy who backed off, thank your lucky stars you didn't run into a G35.

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
Minus the traffic, I would have caught up to that bastard and showed him who his daddy was. 8)

If it was the FX45 though, I would have just waved and acted like I was exiting. :p

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
talk about reckless, but then again i'm surprised the truck goes that fast :crazy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts