Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my oil done yesterday and they told me that I had condensation in the oil system and thats why I had like milky looking gunk on the dip stick and filler cap, they said it was most likely due to all the short trips I drive each day. Should I be worried?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Got my oil done yesterday and they told me that I had condensation in the oil system and thats why I had like milky looking gunk on the dip stick and filler cap, they said it was most likely due to all the short trips I drive each day. Should I be worried?
Depends, how's your coolant look?

If the coolant is good and shows no signs of oil I would recommend taking the Long route on your short trips and getting the oil up to temp and evaporating the moisture out more often. Take her out for a run on the highway a couple times a week. She will enjoy it and you will too! Especially during you long cold winters! My Passat is always up for a highway run.

Also, you should check your PCV system it may be gunked up with the same stuff and need replacing/ cleaning before it creates higher pressures and causes you valve cover gaskets to leak.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Short trips will do that; if you see it after a good, long, run, you probably have a busted oil cooler. If it goes away, it was just condensation that didn't get cooked out of your oil before you checked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.