Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as most of you know, the lease on the Passat is up in April. I went to the dealership last Saturday and looked at the Jetta 2.0T. I was in love with the car, the 2.0T has tons of potential. I chose a Luxury Leather package (Leather, Sport suspension, 17" Wheels), Xenon package and Rear Airbags.

I plan to chip it and lower it with ABT springs and Koni shocks, 18" wheel package in the near future. For now I just want to enjoy the car first.

Thanks to all the guys who has helped me. I will not go away, I will still post in this board!! :beer:

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NoneRock said:
very nice.

Was the 2.0T cheaper than the GLI? (base that is)

I have been trying to convinve my wife to trade her Jetta for a GLI or a 4-door GTI when they arrive.
We dont have the Jetta GLI here in Canada. I should say this reminds me of my VR6 maybe even better. It just pulls. Im loving it!! :lol:

·
Registered
436 Posts
NoneRock said:
very nice.

Was the 2.0T cheaper than the GLI? (base that is)

I have been trying to convinve my wife to trade her Jetta for a GLI or a 4-door GTI when they arrive.

The GTI is more expensive than the 2.0T...the normal jetta 2.0T is only available in up to package 1 with stick. To get Package 2 or 3 you have to get an auto. So to get things like Xenons you need to get the GLI if you want a stick. Plus the black front end is a lot nicer and so are the sports seats (though they arent power).

My fiance just picked up a black package 2 GLI today. Originally she wanted a 4 door GTI but in person wasnt a fan of the GTI at all said it reminded her of either a little minivan. With owner loyalty it was over 3K off sticker and she got a above blue book on her trade in...so it helped make the decision easier. She loves it and I am jealous of the engine...it is a huge leap from my 1.8T. She is already talking about what she wants to do to it...first thing is first its got to be tinted.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RiverRipper said:
The normal jetta 2.0T is only available in up to package 1 with stick. To get Package 2 or 3 you have to get an auto. So to get things like Xenons you need to get the GLI if you want a stick. Plus the black front end is a lot nicer and so are the sports seats (though they arent power).
This might only be true in the US. I have a package 2 and i have a 6spd Manual. Xenons is a package itself but harder to find a car with package 1 and Xenons. (Package 1 is cloth seats not leather)

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Looks very nice. I miss HIDs (already).

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
What's w/ the artificially low redline? It doesn't really cutoff till much later, right? I hope? Go rev for us and check. :D

·
Registered
777 Posts
He's in Canada, so it's in rad/sec/1000 instead of RPM.

:D :D :D :lol:

Just kidding. Props for what surely will be a great car. :thumbup: I wish I had an extra gear and an extra 0.2L!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
is it possible to get heated cloth seats in the jetta?

I like everything about the new Jetta (specifically the GLI), but it appears that you need to order the leather package to get heated seats....:cry:

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TAckhouse1 said:

I like everything about the new Jetta (specifically the GLI), but it appears that you need to order the leather package to get heated seats....:cry:
Here in Canada, even the cloth seat Jetta gets heated seats.

Thanks for all the kind words. I am itching to drop it now and slap some RS4 wheels by the summer.
If anyone is in Toronto and want to go for a test drive, just let me know :lol:

·
Registered
436 Posts
TAckhouse1 said:

In the US you need to get leather to get heated seats. The packaging over here is screwy since if you want any good options like xenons w/ a manual you have to get a GLI.

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,168 Posts
Very Nice Choice natskiboy, I have been seing lots of new Jetta's around Toronto lately! I love the new GTI, I want to get a GTI in a couple of years, when I get out of University and find a full time Job though!

Later!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
RiverRipper said:
In the US you need to get leather to get heated seats. The packaging over here is screwy since if you want any good options like xenons w/ a manual you have to get a GLI.

thats what i thought....ugh...

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Very nice -- congrats! Keep us updated on it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts