Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've just purchased my new Passat. Its a 1.9 TDi SE model 2002. I want to mod it but not heavily. I can't touch the wheels or suspension as my missus won't let me because we have a baby on the way and she wants a comfy ride.

I am goign to get the windows tinted but i want to add other mods to it (cheap preferably). Has anyone got any ideas??

http://photobucket.com/albums/a248/Mouldinho/?action=view&current=DSC01139.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/a248/Mouldinho/?action=view&current=061caa6b.jpg

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Sweet. Welcome. FYI, the fact that you have a BLACK Passat puts you in a league above other Passat owners. We're basically superior beings to all other Passat colors. Just make sure you have plenty of time to wash it. :)

Tint makes a world of difference. I'd also suggest a shorter antenna. Badgeless grill, tinted sidemarkers/tails, and chip if you want more power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can someone post a link to this troopster. By the way i live in england so i would like an englsih site maybe

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Side markers are two things - bumper mounted side markers (red and amber) which arent on your car. I guess its a North American thing. Its basically side lights for night driving. There is also the side marker blinker, which is the clear colored blinker below the mirrors, which you do have.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I wouldnt mind some bumper mounted side lights, the volvo s40 (i think) has them over here (UK) and they look pretty smart i think, but then many US think the euro trim is smart.

·
Registered
539 Posts
bill1975 said:
Sweet. Welcome. FYI, the fact that you have a BLACK Passat puts you in a league above other Passat owners. We're basically superior beings to all other Passat colors. Just make sure you have plenty of time to wash it. :)
Just remember that while you guys are washing your Passats the rest of us are out driving and enjoying the Passat driving experience.:lol:

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,432 Posts
I am enjoying this black car discussion, having bought my younger son a black 1996 Audi A4. The first owner maintained it fanatically, and my son is following in his footsteps. The car does look sharp, and my wife says she feels like a movie star when she drives it, but I think I'll stick with lighter colors, which I prefer in a sunny climate with unusually hard water.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Your missus needs to be educated on just how comfortable a properly lowred vehicl can be. My variant rides better than my wife's Jetta GLI and hers is stock and mine's VERY low and has never run a wheel smaller than an 18 and usually it's 19s.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MarkySparky said:
Nice ride. Looks like mine, except you have the rub stribs and I have chrome. First mods ... maybe a badgeless grill and a rear spoiler.
Can you buy chrome stribs?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts