Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got it piut on today, looks really cool! One thing, how should the turbo be responding? When I hit 3k it starts climbing, then if i accelerate enough ig goes up to 1 bar, and goes back down to .5 bar and sort of stays there until i let off the gas, which bumps it to zero. But the thing is, it doesnt always show pressure, even whn I think it should. Can someone tell me when it should show pressure and how much? Also, the numbers light in white, but I would like them to light in blue. Could I put a little piece of blue cellophane paper(melt maybe?,) or somehow make it light blue? I can't find a blue bulb.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
277 Posts
cant give you info on the boost question. I am sure a more experienced B5 member can help. However, regarding the bulb 42draftdesign.com offers a blue bulb for the VDO boost gauge which almost matches interior instrument lighting.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
That does not sound wrong. I know mine, which is a different guage, only boosts when you are accelerating, and when you are cruising at highway speed or decelerating the guage is showing vacuum.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
What gauge do you have?
Does it show only boost or boost & vacuum?

Your engine will only boost under harder acceleration. At idle it should indicate vacuum of about 20 to 22. Boost quantities depend on if you are chipped or stock.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, Its a boost guage, and I have some pics, including of the bulb. anyone care to see them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts