My car count is back up to 5 again..
From a 1986 Honda to my '02 passat.. I've added a car to the stable

1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0 5 speed..

:shock: My insurance will officially be pushing the 3k mark per year... :cry:

$1700

112k on motor,
15k on trans
170k on body
passenger side fender was effed up, but new fender was included in the sale..
Only problem is a slight oil leak from the valve gaskets, trunk latch problem, and radio no worky..
It was kept up extremely well, the guy put well over $3k into suspension work in the past 3 months or so.. he only sold it because I asked for it - he wasn't actively selling it, but he knew I wanted the car..

Just thought I'd share

BTW.. having a RWD car again for the first time in about 2 years.. and going sideways by side stepping the clutch only slightly = ownage

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine bay cleaned up.. tomorrow I drive it to work and see how it does on a highway trip :eek:h:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
id recommend a blower, magnaflow cats, & true dual flowmaster mufflers.

DO NOT forget to upgrade the fuel pumps with any forced induction, the ford ones suck (glad im not supercharging my truck). i had a buddy who ran a 150 shot of nitrous into his 5.0 and busted the pump

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
dude thats the fun of having a v8 american car!! it has to be loud and shake lots! :wink: if i didnt wake up so early to go to school (leave at 7) id for sure cut my cats out and run high flows (with my flowmaster 40) :lol:

hes such a lucky guy, have a :b5: for a daily driver and that stang to raise hell on the weekends :p

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MRrockShow182 said:
id recommend a blower, magnaflow cats, & true dual flowmaster mufflers.

DO NOT forget to upgrade the fuel pumps with any forced induction, the ford ones suck (glad im not supercharging my truck). i had a buddy who ran a 150 shot of nitrous into his 5.0 and busted the pump
it already has a brand new fuel pump, aftermarket - I BELIEVE upgraded over stock but I haven't gotten the specs from the previous owner

it has true duals from the cat-back, no H pipe - it has B&B headers, B&B intake, and flowmaster.. sounds like 50 series, maybe 60's (40's sound best IMO but what do I know?) so its LOUD but I won't boost it without building up the motor.. as it is now, I can't figure out how to get traction with anything over 1/4 throttle in first, I have to shift to second at ~20 and ease into it as far as I can tell.. It has 4 new yokohama's on it

hes such a lucky guy, have a for a daily driver and that stang to raise hell on the weekends
Lucky but broke :lol: - and make that I have a chevy as my daily driver (I put close to 95-100 miles/day on my car just going to/from work, forget my around town driving..),

my passat as a comfy touring/weekend car and the mustang now as well also a buick regal fixer upper that I'm driving/getting bugs worked out.. bought it for $150, gonna try selling it for $1100 with ~$200 worth of work into it (lotsa labor not included though..) ... and a 1986 prelude that I can't part with.. I'm trying to see if I can't get it to break 200k miles in the next few years, its at 193k now

... so yeah I'm a car freak

P.S. flowmasters are very nice, they sound surprisingly good on chevy's 3800 Series II, also ... I know that's useless for a passat board but oh well :)

BTW, I now have 26k miles on my 2002 passat bought september '02 :cry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Citan
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing