Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wel i'm afraid your all going to hate me for this one, after having finally put up with enough of the passats nonsense, i decided to get rid of her and turn traitor (and bought a ricer mobile)
I'm afraid i'm living in skyline territory now:D

But with 300BHP on tap, i'll never look back. I could have used the money and taken the passat to 400BHP, but i was that fed up with it i decided against it, plus i've wanted a skyline for years!

Sorry to leave you all! Thanks to everyone for very much appreciated advice even though some of you maybe have taken my comments the wrong way!:)

Chris

·
Banned
742 Posts
what are you talking about? skyline what did you buy an 32 33 34 ? and how did you get it over here? or are you not from the states? i am confused and jelous

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
Chris good luck with the petrol! I'm guessing it's an import but do you have to pay duty to ship it from England to Scotland :p

What did you do with the Passat and that beautiful I/C?

Sam

·
Registered
101 Posts
I saw a Skyline in Columbia a few weeks ago (Unless it was a highly modified 350 or G35...). Black and very hot.

We have got to see pics, man.

·
Registered
356 Posts
He's talking about a G35, which I think is hardly considered a rice rocket. At 300BHP, the G35 manual makes that. The G35 is a car derived from the Skyline. The Skyline GT-R will be sold as a Nissan and expected to make much more BHP than 300, more like 400-450 with a V6 and twin turbo. The real Skyline is expect in 2008.

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/11023/spied-2009-nissan-skyline-gt-r.html

I have a friend who's a tuner that imported a used R32 Skyline and it was still 30k after dealing with customs and such. Unless the original poster is not from the US.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quality_sound said:
I'm thining he's got a REAL Skline not that POS G35. If it ain't got an RB26DETT it ain't a Skyline in my book.
I'm from scotland, i bought the car from a local importer!

It is the RB25DET (R33) under the bonnet, the reason i didnt buy the standard GTR is as this particular one makes more BHP, plus the lack of 4WD, ensures less drag for me. The GTR interior is a bit shite too IMHO!
RB26DETT is all very well, but didnt suit my needs!

Here's a phot to keep you amused!

[/IMG]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts