Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I first discovered Einszett products when I joined this forum as Club B5 in 2000-2001 and have used them since.I used it on my 01 GLX, 03 W8 and even a former cranky member's black A4 as well as all my cars since. I loved how Glanz was easily applied and removed in sun or shade, left no dust, swirl marks or residue on black plastic / rubber surfaces. A member back then used to sell them. I was ordering Glanz and Cockpit Premium off Amazon for several years now. A few months ago when I got Large Marge, I was low on Glanz and tried to order some. It was tagged as unavailable with no eta. After searching around Amazon and reading reviews, I went with Sonax HPT Hybrid liquid. No abrasives like Glanz, just straight up protection. Right away I liked it for the same reasons I loved Glanz but after the next wash and wax session I noticed something. I used the little remaining Glanz on the Forte and Sonax on Marge. At first I thought I simply noticed because the Forte is Titanium Silver Pearl and Marge Quartz White Pearl. I finished the Forte around 10 am and Marge by 1:30. By the evening, the Forte had a light coating of dust/pollen that Marge didn't. So I swiped the hoods of both with a white towel just to be certain it wasn't simply more noticeable on the Forte because of the dark color. Marge was virtually dust and pollen free. The Forte had sort of a static charge to the finish. After a road trip to Austin and back the same day in May and to San Antonio for this past weekend, most of the fresh I-35 asphalt flung up the entire drivers side just came off when I just washed it and the rest easily wiped off with a little quick detailer. Sonax it is...

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...and how does the Sonax compare to Collinite Insulator Wax 845, which I consider the gold standard?
I couldn't say because I've never used it. Checking it out on Amazon and they're both about the same price and both have 5 star reviews so I'd guess you can't go wrong with either. The only comment under the Q&A I noticed about the Collinite is it does leave white residue on black rubber and plastic. I really had no issues with Glanz. The Forte was maintained with it for nearly 4 years now and I really had no complaints. I had washed and waxed the Forte and my sister's 05 Jetta about a week before I got my car. Two of our maintenance guys came by when I just finished and asked where I get the cars detailed. I told him I just finished them both and they didn't believe the Jetta was 11 years old nor the Forte 4 years old. You can see her Jetta in the background of my first picture. It was waxed 3 weeks prior to that with Glanz. She's been parking under a tree at work and there was bird crap all over it. A little Mother's Quick Detailer and it all wiped right off with no paint damage and that was after days in the Texas sun.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last weekend after a fresh coat for both. I wash & quick detail every 7-10 days and wax every 4-5 weeks weather permitting. Overkill I know..

Gratuitous old pic of the W8 after a day of winter prep - detailed and ugly 16 inch snows mounted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts