Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I traded my beloved (but entirely problem-ridden) 2002 Passat GLS (1.8T) Blue Anthracite wagon in for a V6 Touareg. Oddly, the Touareg is "Offroad Gray," which is remarkably close to the color of the car that I traded in.

I have appreciated the discussions and help on this chat list. I am still in the family, but just a bit more removed.

All the best!

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Never underestimate the lurkers... :p

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Good luck with the new rig .. Glad we could be of help .. sometimes just the reading and the search function are a great asset and saves postings ..

Let us know how the new one pans out ..

·
Registered
334 Posts
Touareg - sat in one at the dealership recently. They had to pry me out of it! If it wasn't for my dislike of SUV's and high car payments, I would have taken it!

You'll have to let us know if that V6 is sufficient to move that monster around.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Your knowledge on these boards have helped so many memebers. Today's a sad day in Club :b5: Land you will be greatly missed.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Here they are. It's like he joined to say goodbye. Oh well - I guess we need some members in Reverse too!

Post #1
Yesterday, I traded my beloved (but entirely problem-ridden) 2002 Passat GLS (1.8T) Blue Anthracite wagon in for a V6 Touareg. Oddly, the Touareg is "Offroad Gray," which is remarkably close to the co ...

Post #2
Yes, that arm rest slides back on its own. But, the truly annoying aspect of the arm rest is if you attempt to set the parking brake with the arm rest in the forward position. It knocks the front ed

Post #3
Two days after getting my Jetta, in '99, the same dashboard squeak started. Each service, thereafter, I'd ask this squeak to be fixed. Sometimes the techs could hear it; most times they could not. ... :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Farewell

And, I guess with the attitude I see here in not being the most verbose poster (if I posted at all), it would have been best to have simply disappeared. I learn from my mistakes.

I wasn't aware that joining a discussion board required constant posting or communications. I was simply happy to review the helpful tips and add a pithy comment if it seemed relevant or helpful.

Goodbye.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Geez, give the guy a break. We all learn from different posts without necessarily contributing ourselves. We welcome the lurkers as much as the frequent posters - lets remember that they add to our membership in number if not in information which in turn helps us secure better deals, makes advertising on the forum more enticing for vendors and they in turn may also help spread the word to their friends etc.

The reaction here is more something I would expect from the vortex not CB5.

Bailey, sorry to hear you were having problems with your B5, but happy to hear that you're keeping it in the family with the Toureg. Once you've been bitten by the Dub bug its hard to not keep getting them. Good luck with it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.