Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Good Tuner Shops in MA

2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  jmh9580 
#1 ·
I'm looking to chip my 04 Passat 1.8t. Does anyone know of good shops in the MA/New England area? Any other basic mods you would suggest?

#9 ·
jmh9580 said:
I am considering GIAC and APR, how do you rate your chip compared to them. The APR chip gives 214hp. Please suggest why I may buy your chip.
Our chip is comparable in performance and driveability to either of those brands. The 214 HP APR claim is their 93 octane program, ours is 91 octane so it a few "peak" hp less.

All the chips these days are very good, our biggest advantages are lower cost and personalized service. There is no down-time associated with mailing in your ECU. After every install I go for a test drive with you and log VAGCOM parameters to verify correct operation, scan for codes, perform TB adaptation, etc. We give a 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee.

With the money saved you could upgrade your brake pads or something else fun! :D

#11 ·
Another :thumbup: for Shine Racing in Walpole.

Had a GIAC Chip, Bailey DV, slotted rotors and pads put in there. Great guys, top notch job.

-Craig

#14 ·
I can recommend scotty for the Upsolute chip. He did my car and its been awesome. Lots of folks will recommend Shine and since I have no experience with them can't comment but can say I'm happy with my chip, paid a good price, and scott also put my tip into sport mode while he was at it. Go with Upsolute and have Scott do it.

#22 ·
http://www.ktrperformance.com

looks like they might be a GIAC dealer though, I though they were APR. :???:

GIAC and APR are more expensive than UPsolute (at least $150 not including installation labor that most shops charge)

IIRC = "if I recall correctly"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.