Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can someone suggest a good Pittsburgh area dealership? My in-laws are looking to join the VW family. Need to help them find a place to buy a nice Jetta or, equally important, identify dealerships to avoid.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
organicdonut said:
Hi,

Can someone suggest a good Pittsburgh area dealership? My in-laws are looking to join the VW family. Need to help them find a place to buy a nice Jetta (trying to convince them to go for the Passat) or, equally important, identify dealerships to avoid.

Thanks,
Tom
i was born and raised in pgh, but i live in nj now.
i attempted to by my first b5 (back in 99) from roriche (sp) they are crooks imho

i went there w/ full intentions to buy that day...check book and everything.
The guy refused to let me test drive the car until i agreed to buy it.....no i'm not joking, so i just left. it was thier loss, cuz im on my second vw and they didnt get any money from me 8)

Hillcrest VW in new ken is great. they are small and they've always been honest with me. i didnt buy my car there but because of the relationship i had with the owner i reffered a couple of my co-workers to them....i ended up buying both my cars here in nj, even though i lived there....it was just easier for me.
i did service my car there many times though and thier cost on service is more reasonable too imho....
ask for bob jr. and tell roger his old infinity sales rep sent ya. :wink:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Never go to Rohrich. I had a bad experience with them when my tranny went out at 12,000 miles. They kept telling me nothing was wrong with it until it went totally shot.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4meezy,

Wow, Roriche has a buy before you try policy? What's up with that? No offense, but were you young or very young looking when you went there for the test drive? Maybe they didn't think you were a serious buyer? What happened to the feel of the wheel will seal the deal?

Altair 4 had great things to say about Hillcrest. I'm hoping my in-laws go there, especially now that I know what they did to you at Roriche!

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
organicdonut said:
4meezy,

Wow, Roriche has a buy before you try policy? What's up with that? No offense, but were you young or very young looking when you went there for the test drive? Maybe they didn't think you were a serious buyer?
i dont think its thier policy but the guy who ''helped'' me was an azsho!e

btw i was with my dad then....so even if i didnt look serious....he was with me.

hillcrest is in the middle of nowhere but they are really good.
and the owner was a client of mine at the time.
great people.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
In Pittsburgh the two main choices in my eyes are

DAY VW in Monroeville and Billco VW in Wexford.

DAY VW) I had recall service done there; the tie rod ends. Granted they did take one extra day than expected but that doesn't detract from their service staff being really wonderful. The shop manager - believe it is Jim? - is a great man. I had a leaking problem with oil and told him about it. He sat down with me in his office after the wagon was done telling me the techs did find a small leak went on to talk about the turbo and the engine (new owner at the time .. my first car :D). The dealership is easily accessible from the PA TPK and 22.

BILLCO VW) May be further out there for you in Wexford. Parents bought their B5 01 GLX there. I don't remember much good from them. From what I do recall they didn't seem as helpful as Day.

If you are in the market for a purchase then try them both of course. If you need dealership service then DAY. If you need VW service go for Maroneys Foreign Auto in Smithton. Maybe an hour drive for ya but they know their stuff. Jeff is the head mechanic and has been for many many years. He is called The Wizard for a reason. Very good with his work. My 98 Variant and our 96 Cabrio were taken care of there. Fair prices, outstanding work.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
526 Posts
PassatVariantPunk said:
In Pittsburgh the two main choices in my eyes are

DAY VW in Monroeville and Billco VW in Wexford. :thumbup:
Bought my B5 at Day and get it serviced at Billco since I'm in the north hills its much closer for me. Both dealerships have excellent service depts. Billco has a greater selection but Day has some great deals. Can't go wrong either way. Good luck

Billco Motors:
http://vw.4billco.com/index.asp

Imports by Day:
http://importsbyday.com/phoenix/index.cfm?dealercode=0003-0002-999-02-7243274900

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm happy to report that my father in law bought a 2001 dark blue Passat from Hillcrest. It's a fully loaded GLS, certified pre-owned, and just under the Edmunds True Market Value pricing for that model year and features and conditions.

He said the folks at Hillcrest were great, and he really liked working with a small family run operation that takes obvious pride in their work and reputation. Hillcrest was happy to hear about how my father in law heard about them.

My father in law's only concern was that it was a four cylinder, but I quickly assured him that we could easily fix that and more!

Thanks everyone, you helped bring a new Passat driver on board!

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
4meezy
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing