Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Kamei sport grill on eBay (good price, BTW). Now need to get the outer ABS frame painted to match the car. Anyone know of a good paint shop in San Jose, CA for a job like this? Small job, but need someone who knows how to prep and paint plastic.

thanks,
Clark

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had some ABS parts painted here:

Kuykendall's Auto Body & Frame
(408) 730-5044
1024 W Evelyn Ave
Sunnyvale, CA

They were knowledgeable and prompt.

More importantly, the paint is still on the parts! :D

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I still need to paint my body kit,

clerkkent... how are their prices?

btw, I know that Zack (NUISANCE) goes to B&B Collisions in Santa Clara
I went there once with him, and they are very cool and have pretty reasonable prices :) (quoted me $600-$800 for my body kit, cheapest quote yet :) )

and they do really good job :) ... just look at zack's car :lol:

hers Address:

B&B Collisions (they are SAAB repair place)
2983 El Camino Real
Santa Clara CA 95051
408-246-6388

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you. Kuykendall's quoted me $40 to do the outer frame of the Kamei sport grill, they'll do a match off the car itself and have it ready the next day.

I may have then do some scratch and ding repair in the near future. "Reflex silver" should really be "Regret silver"--it shows every ding and scratch!

Clark

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:thumbup: Kuykendall's did a sweet job on my grill, perfect color match and a finish like glass. Thanks for the recommendation.

Clark

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm told there is some relationship between B&B body shop and Sunnyvale VW; perhaps the same owner. Sunnyvale VW sends all their body work there.

(so a little birdie chirped to me)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Kuykendall's is on a street full of body/paint shops... if you have an hour or so, just drive down it with whatever parts you have in mind and get quotes. I went with Kuykendall's since they had a competitive (not necessarily the lowest) price, but more importantly, they understood the issues with painting assorted plastics (ABS et al), which was important since I had my engine shrouds color matched to the car, in addition to a hatchblend and grille.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts