Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer claims the engine needs replacing... however, my gf has only had her 01.5 for about 2 months now .. and since she got it at an auction, she doesnt have service records for the car. Anybody know of a dealership that will do the work under warranty without service receipts? :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
vincheung said:
koppell, in queens,nyc ive heard some pretty good things from them. STAY AWAY FROM BAYSIDE VW,
I beg to differ. All things lead to Bayside being fairly good, especially int heir new facility. Koeppel is not supposedly.

But all that stuff above does not matter because you should go to East Coast VW and get Bel involved!!!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
quest: out of curiosity, why does the dealer say the engine needs to be replaced?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
still working on that... she's not a car person by any stretch so whatever the dealer told her basically went in one ear and out the other... however... if they're gonna put a whole new motor in under warranty, i'm all for it..

thanks for the responses

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
atomicalex: Jim Wynn I've heard is quite horrible, but I've had really good luck with Cherry Hill Imports. The service manager Bob was even willing to let me "borrow" parts from the parts dept to try and figure out how to the get Mk3 running again (I borrowed a coilpack, rotor, and distributor cap) He even helped me do the coilpack swap right in their parking lot. Parts guys are great (Deon and Frank)

My only complaint is that if I leave my car for the day, it's almost ALWAYS the last car to be worked on....

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
Kurt - that was 10 years ago for us. They must have changed pretty dramaticly. They left us with a MkIII with no hood cable once. When we asked them to fix it, they hung up on us repeatedly. It was not pleasant.

Good news if they got their act together.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
go to bayside,vw and you will experience first hand the worst and rudest customer service/service advisors vw has to offer. The service department may be new but its the same old people providing it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.