Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I got a very good deal on a new passat yesterday, so that makes me think that I must have missed some incentives that are out there. We got an'04 GLS 4-motion wagon, with tiptronic, cold weather package, CA emissions and ESP. MSRP was about $28.5k, Edmunds and KBB average selling prices were $27k and we paid $24.8k, which is Edmunds price for the non-4-motion equivalent. This also has the new leatherette interior, which is pretty close in appearance to the real thing.

Am I missing something, or was this just an end of the month motivated sell?

Thanks...BTW...first post. I'm back on VW after a brief (5 year) run with a quattro.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
i'm assuming it's the 1.8t 4Mo right? how do you like it? there aren't too many 1.8t 4Mo's out there right now. it seems like i got a similar deal. my CPO '00 for 13.7k, KBB and Edmunds were in the 17s. maybe you got a deal cuz the 4Mo variants aren't selling well? only a guess though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
D.Passat00 said:
i'm assuming it's the 1.8t 4Mo right? how do you like it? there aren't too many 1.8t 4Mo's out there right now. it seems like i got a similar deal. my CPO '00 for 13.7k, KBB and Edmunds were in the 17s. maybe you got a deal cuz the 4Mo variants aren't selling well? only a guess though.
Yes, that's the car. Around here, everybody seems to be buying the 4Mo. I don't have it in posession yet, but the 1.8T has better zip than the 2.8 in my Audi. Certainly I would prefer a stick, but I'm not the only driver on the passat. I think VW will become like Audi in the Northeast...if it's not AWD, it will depreciate more quickly.

I am $1600 below invoice, so if there is a $2k incentive, they made a fair profit and I think I did OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.