Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends should be leaving Seattle soon but the surprise car to show was the SSC Aero from Utah:

There are currently around 20 cars in Seattle; should get another few in Portland tonight; Thrusday morning they leave for S.F.

I'll be making my way to the Fairmont Hotel around 1:00PM. They will block Jones along California St. and Sacramento St. so we can park all the participants.

Apparently, GTSpririt.com post some coverage as well and yours truly somehow got included:
http://www.gtspirit.com/2010/06/07/goldrush-rally-2kx-ready-for-start/

And more current photos:
http://www.gtspirit.com/2010/06/09/goldrush-rally-2kx-pictures-from-seattle/

I'll be driving only a small portion from SF to I believe Paso Robles (lunch) and intend to max out the memory cards in both my Nikon and Countour 1080p HD vid. I'll post my experience on Saturday (cause' I'll probably be too tired by Friday night!)

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
:thumbup: keep us posted, Herman!

·
Confused
3,557 Posts
For the record, I'm jealous!

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
a buddy is coming down from Seattle, he has been amped since last year :lol:

·
Registered
353 Posts
They'll be leaving Seattle in 20 minutes; no clue how long it takes to get to Portland from I-5 but guessing about 6 hours?
Seattle to Portland is around 250 @ 70-80 avg speed = 3 hours!

Excuse me Wiki just said it's only 144 miles. I say 1.5 hours depending on traffic, which there may not be any at this time of day!!

Have a good/safe time!

Sincerely, Soooooper Jealous :cry:

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
SEA to PDX is about 2.5-3 driving normal in average traffic.

and there is ALWAYS traffic :/

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,880 Posts
Excuse me Wiki just said it's only 144 miles. I say 1.5 hours depending on traffic, which there may not be any at this time of day!!
:icon_eek: Please let me know your secret to getting from Seattle to PDX in 1.5 hours. :p

It is going to be at the very least a three hour trip, and that will be if everything goes well. I am guessing that between all the traffic and the fact that the Portland news always reports these events as "organized street racing" It is safe to say they will be at the 5 hour mark.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Newman, that should have said 2.5 hours! I have done Seattle to Newberg, Or in 2.5 hours, BUT, it was on a Saturday in a 06 Caddy DTS! :lol:
So I concede, I was not comparing apples to apples!

I am climbing back into my hole now!! :poke:

·
Registered
353 Posts
How do I find out what route they may take from Portland to where ever they will head next! If they head south on I-5 that would be perfect cause me office is right next to the 5!! :thumbup:

I could probably be found in my office doing :bowdown: as they go by!!

·
13,880 Posts
How do I find out what route they may take from Portland to where ever they will head next! If they head south on I-5 that would be perfect cause me office is right next to the 5!! :thumbup:

I could probably be found in my office doing :bowdown: as they go by!!
The 5 South is the only direct highway from Seattle to Portland. I would be willing to bet they will be using the 5 all the way through most of Oregon, and definetly until they leave the Portland area.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Do you have an aquaintance in the group whom you might be able to call and find out an estimated departure time??

In one of your above posts you stated they may take some scenic routes, so I didn't know if maybe a shot down Hwy. 101 along the coast so the entrants can see the Or. and Cal. beaches and what not.

Does it cost money to do this??? Minus the price of the cars and expenses associated, if I owned an exotic, could I just show up to this thing an drive around with all of them??
Just Curious.

·
13,880 Posts
Do you have an aquaintance in the group whom you might be able to call and find out an estimated departure time??

In one of your above posts you stated they may take some scenic routes, so I didn't know if maybe a shot down Hwy. 101 along the coast so the entrants can see the Or. and Cal. beaches and what not.

Does it cost money to do this??? Minus the price of the cars and expenses associated, if I owned an exotic, could I just show up to this thing an drive around with all of them??
Just Curious.
http://www.goldrushrally.com/terms_conditions.html

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks Newman. I guess I should have used the "search" button on google! :D

Not to be pushy but can you contact your friends and find out when they may leave Portland so I can make sure to be in the office when they roll by??

Sorry for being a PITA, but I have never witnessed a ralley of this sort with a ton of exotics! I led a sheltered life!! :lol:

TIA

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Newman. I guess I should have used the "search" button on google! :D

Not to be pushy but can you contact your friends and find out when they may leave Portland so I can make sure to be in the office when they roll by??

Sorry for being a PITA, but I have never witnessed a ralley of this sort with a ton of exotics! I led a sheltered life!! :lol:

TIA
They are currently partying it up at "The Nines" in Portland:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1757

And they plan on leaving for S.F. around 8-9AM; that's a long as drive too. Not sure what route (for good reason; all 25 cars got pulled over in Seattle for speeding.) so they're not going to reveal the route until that morning.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
They are currently partying it up at "The Nines" in Portland:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1757

And they plan on leaving for S.F. around 8-9AM; that's a long as drive too. Not sure what route (for good reason; all 25 cars got pulled over in Seattle for speeding.) so they're not going to reveal the route until that morning.
my buddy said they got pulled over as a group because ONE guy was being a jackass. Not sure who or what exactly they were doing though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts