Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another forum I frequent, www.luxury4play.com, they are gearing up for their 2nd annual Gold Rush rally.

On the first Rally, it started in San Francisco near Union Square and hit LA one night and the Las Vegas as the final destination... Cars/people from Miami, Philly, Chicago and Seattle came to this first event. It was insane to drive in a convoy of Ferrari's and Lambos but I could only drive from SF to Gilroy. At that time, I counted about 15 cars total.

This year, they are starting in Washington State (Seattle), then hitting Portland, then SF, then LA and finally Las Vegas. The list has doubled to over 30 cars.

I've volunteered to help out at the Fairmont Hotel this year when they roll into town on Thursday late morning and througout the day. The police will block off Mason and part of California St. on Friday at around 7:30AM or so for new coverage and then the convoy to Los Angeles. I'm hoping to be at least running with them until the first lunch south of Monterey. We'll see.

Anyhow, just wanted to give you all a heads up. The Seattle leg starts Wed. with a stay in Portland that evening.

More on the event here:

http://www.luxury4play.com/gr2kx/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts