Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not for anything big... but I've been suffering for some time with stupidly squeaking B pillars and creaking rear door cards. Normally I'd take care of this myself, but two things... B-pillar air bags make me nervous and the main reason.... CPO warranty FTMFW! :thumbup:

I've got an appointment, they know I'll be waiting for it, so with luck I'll be on my way before most people get to their office. :whistle: I hope.... :hmmm:

Please wish me luck. :nervous:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that was a waste...

I get in, we talk about how good CPO is, etc. I sit down to wait for the car and a few minutes later the service rep comes to say that this type of work is only warrantied on cars will less than 120,000km. I say, yeah, I'm 40K km under that limit. He says but it's passed the time limit so it's on my coin.

So I tell them to not look at the rear door panel squeak and focus on the two B pillars. Then I get pulled into the garage to talk to the mechanic. He says it's the sunroof that's squeaking, that they've had this on other cars and it's 5+hours labour and not guaranteed to fix the squeak.

I say that it can't be the SR cuz the squeak is right beside my ear on the B pillar and the same on the passenger side. I tell them to not do the work and I want to go... $45 for nothing. :banghead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts