Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some kick ass tickets from my boss this morning, Stars Club Premium behind the benches. $150 tickets and a parking pass. Not sure how far up from the ice.

Going to watch the Stars take on the Kings tomorrow night. I am taking my 10 year old daughter who loves watching sports on TV with me.

This is my first hockey game, anything I should be aware of?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Keep your head up and watch the play at all times. You never know when the puck might come into the stands. Enjoy the game!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
What he ^ said, pay attention to the game and look out for flying vulcanized rubber.

That sounds like a hell of a game, both teams trying to work their way up into the standings. Have fun, and have a $10 beer for me. :wink:

·
Registered
26,821 Posts
Keep your head up outside the stadium. With the good tickets,you will probably
be in the parking garage across the street. There is enough security there. Just
watch if you ever park further away.

Not sure if there is a game on tonight,but watching might help you understand
the game a little better. I would be happy to explain it all if you have an extra ticket :D

Oh,if you hear the fans yell something that sounds like BOO at the Stars,they
are cheering for STU (Barnes).

During the national anthem,the fans shout STARS when that word is sung.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Well if your in teh box seats a flying puck wont be of concern. Just go and have fun. Hockey is a great sport and althought play has become very boring in recent years, for a first timer seeing it live it should still be exciting.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PZ said:
Keep your head up outside the stadium. With the good tickets,you will probably
be in the parking garage across the street. There is enough security there. Just
watch if you ever park further away.

Not sure if there is a game on tonight,but watching might help you understand
the game a little better. I would be happy to explain it all if you have an extra ticket :D

Oh,if you hear the fans yell something that sounds like BOO at the Stars,they
are cheering for STU (Barnes).

During the national anthem,the fans shout STARS when that word is sung.
Thanks for the heads up all. I know how Hockey is played, just never been to a game. Can't wait until tonight. Should be fun.

·
Registered
26,821 Posts
I am going to miss the 1st period of it on TV,I have inline hockey practice tonight.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
first game EH? << had to say EH

lol

I was at the Vancouver / Detroit game last nite.. (sittin in the 6th row)

damn that was a good game! (sorry detroit fans) :) :lol:

-Mark-
P.S. hope you had a good time at the game!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
i dunno if you would want to expose your daughter to that kinda language. The players tend to shout a lot of "swear words"

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Cool! Hope you have fun....pro hockey is ok..but college hockey is where it's at. As far as the way the fans get into it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts