Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be taking my family to the circus today. We will be attending Ringling Brothers and Barnum Bailey Circus in Madison Square Garden. I haven't been to the circus in almost 25 yrs. I have an issue with "clowns". My 2 yr old(almost 3) will be in attendance with me and wife. I just hope the fear of clowns isn't hereditary. Do you guys out WEST or Central states have circuses??

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Went to RBB&B just last week. You'll only see clowns in the opening, and they are huge caracature clowns.

The main clown doesn't really look clowny. He has amazing stand-up hair, and does some incredible acrobatics.

You'll enjoy it! Just be prepared to buy one of the spinning light elephant things for your 2/3 year-old. $16.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
VAB5 said:
The main clown doesn't really look clowny. He has amazing stand-up hair, and does some incredible acrobatics.
His name is Bello Nock. He's a whack job and he looks like this:

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Google Image yeilded this link to the SCARIEST CLOWN OF ALL TIME! BEWARE ye of tremulous composition! Beware ye of fair constitution! Clicking this link could result in forever corrupting your worldview to the detriment! Ouchy the Clown is NOT COOL! I just can't belive that someone really does this... Only in America :crazy:

http://www.ouchytheclown.com/

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I was never afraid of clowns until I saw this thread -- now I have a queasy feeling in my stomach. *blech*

:shock:

The last time I went to the circus, all I remember is the elephants dropping tremendous amounts of "peanuts" right in front of where we were sitting. I got a kick out of it until the smell wafted by...

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Mister Rogers,

Look foward to it, you will have a great time.

My grandmother took me every year as a kid, so I grew up with it. When my GF and I started dating, I found out she had never been to the circus, so I surprised her with tickets. Now we go to RBB&B every year, and really enjoy it (were both in our early 20's)

-Nick

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I was kinda scared of clowns when I was little, but now I just think they're weird and not amusing at all :???:

·
Registered
229 Posts

Krusty rules!

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
those pics are just freaky!

yeah the ringling brothers come out here too..... San Francisco, they have it in the cow palace :lol: I remember going once when I was 5 or 6, didn't remember anything except that we all got those light saber/sword things like they have at disneyland hehee

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
baisee00 said:
those pics are just freaky!

yeah the ringling brothers come out here too..... San Francisco, they have it in the cow palace :lol: I remember going once when I was 5 or 6, didn't remember anything except that we all got those light saber/sword things like they have at disneyland hehee
Yea it's Pennywise from Stephen King's "IT". Have you seen it? I watched it by myself as a kid... and I was scared for like a month!!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
As a kid my sister was really coulrophobic, but a lot of kids seem to be.

Killer clowns from outer space was agood, might help with the fear... or make it worse.

Oh yeah and Pennywise scared the bejeezuz out of me.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We had fun at the circus on Friday.

Tickets to Circus- Free
Flashing light swords, circus coloring book, pictures-$50
Parking- $23
Toll-$6
Having my 2yr old enjoying the circus and not being afraid of clowns- PRICELESS

The clowns were alot cooler than when I last saw them...they were more goofy than anything else. I saw the clown with the tall hair during the pre-perform show and he gave my son a high five and allowed him to punch him in the tummy.

It was good fun and we will go again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts