Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know I've invested quite a bit of money in the last year...Guy, Jay, Paul n' Josh. Unfortunately, the 5.5 is about to go "tits-up" on me. It's in the shop today and I've had about enough. So.....
As I start to pull things out, I'll be putting them in the classifieds here on top of what I already have in there.
As a heads up:
Kenwood DPX-701 HU
Kenwood mono amp
MTX 4ch 350w amp
Two stealth boxes with Alpine 10" subs
All cable and wiring
MAYBE....the phatbox too.
and...
if I can get my hands on stock speakers
1 pair of Alpine type-x components with the old-school x-overs.

With some luck and spouse approval($$$), I may be in a B6 in the next couple of weeks.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,883 Posts
Some of you know I've invested quite a bit of money in the last year...Guy, Jay, Paul n' Josh. Unfortunately, the 5.5 is about to go "tits-up" on me. It's in the shop today and I've had about enough. So.....
As I start to pull things out, I'll be putting them in the classifieds here on top of what I already have in there.
As a heads up:
Kenwood DPX-701 HU
Kenwood mono amp
MTX 4ch 350w amp
Two stealth boxes with Alpine 10" subs
All cable and wiring
MAYBE....the phatbox too.
and...
if I can get my hands on stock speakers
1 pair of Alpine type-x components with the old-school x-overs.

With some luck and spouse approval($$$), I may be in a B6 in the next couple of weeks.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
James, sorry to hear your baby is giving you so much trouble. :icon_eek: however - I have first dibs on the type X speakers. :thumbup:

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No prob Jay. You'll be first in line. I just need to find stock replacements for them.
I'll keep this update once I get the bad news from the shop today. I'm already looking at an easy $1k for today's work.

Oh yeah, gonna have a Kamei grill as well.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I have a full set of stock B5, non-Monsoon speakers if you're interested in working some sort of deal on the mono amp or one of the boxes.

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a full set of stock B5, non-Monsoon speakers if you're interested in working some sort of deal on the mono amp or one of the boxes.
Hmmmmmm. Tempting. Will they go in an 02? Have the tweets for the front doors?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Hmmmmmm. Tempting. Will they go in an 02? Have the tweets for the front doors?
Not sure, I think they're all the same size.

I have the tweets for the fronts out but the rear tweeters are still in the car, I can dig them out if needed.

Too bad Jay has dibs on the Type-X, I'd prefer those. :)

What kind of stealth boxes are they? Would they fit a B5?

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,883 Posts
they should. aren't the b5 and b5.5 pookas the same?

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guy made the boxes for me. Don't know if there's a difference in the trunk areas.
I wouldn't need the tweets for the rear. Just the fronts since I cut out the stock ones for the x tweets.

Jay. $2k. Shorted out TCM and a cracked drive belt among other things.......happy birthday to me:banghead: Well, in a couple weeks anyway.
So, it's definite. Even if I can't get the car gone right now due to the money I'd put down on a trade just got sucked into repairs, yes, I'm going back to stock to try and make it up. I'll keep you guys updated once I get the car back and start pulling things out.
Damnit damnit damnit damnit.......:cry:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Phatbox

James, sorry to hear your baby is giving you so much trouble. :icon_eek: however - I have first dibs on the type X speakers. :thumbup:
Sorry to hear about the problems. I am in the process of getting a sludged engined swapped.:p
Let me know if you sell the Phatbox, I am interested.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Stealth boxes

I have a JL Audio Stealthbox on the passenger trunk side, and was looking for an accompanying box for a second sub. Does one of your boxes fit the bill for my B5.5? If so, and the price is right, consider it sold.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Hey I would love to get ahold of one of those stealth boxes. I have 2 full sets of stock speakers(monsoon with all tweets) from my old 99 and my 01.5. A few a busted but overall I think it would make about 1 1/2 sets stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts