Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrgghhh,

Last night I went to put my proof of insurance back in the glovebox after renewing the registration and as I opened the glovebox I hear a snapping type sound and when I tried to close it, noticed that the latches had not extended. It's like the spring to keep the tabs out broke.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Can this latch be fixed, or am I going to have to buy a new glovebox door?
I haven't looked closely yet, so I can probably figure it out, bu how do you remove the door?

What a pain!?! :mad:

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
it happens quite often...

you need to goto dealership and ask them to replace it...

B5.5s need to replace the entire door... and then they will transfer over the locking.

(next time use the search!)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(next time use the search!)
Did use the search for 'glovebox' and 'glove box' and nothing relevant came up. I've been around long enough to know to search first or risk being harassed.

Thanks though, that's what I expected.

Karl

·
Registered
204 Posts
As someone with what seems to be a "failing" latch, I did the search too, and also came up empty?!?!? :crazy:

My latch doesn't seem to want to retract when I am closing the door (the latch on the
upper side, closest to the radio area. What would be the best type of substance to use to lube it? Grease? That graphite flakey stuff?

I'm pretty sure the door is also the source of my most irritating rattle (started with 5k mi)

Mike

·
Registered
222 Posts
Anybody has the part number for the entire door ?. The same happened to me, but don't want to go to my delear, prices are high here. Rather I will buy in Internet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts