Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys. So the winter came in and made some trouble for my Passat B5 (1999 y., 81 kW, 1.9). The problem is that, one day when I tried to open my glove box, its handle broke down. I have fixed the break up point and sticked the metal rods with glue in the holes where they should be and now I cannot insert that handle into its place. I thought that if I push a little harder it should be inserted in no time, but I guess I was wrong. So, maybe you, guys, know how to fix this problem, because I don't want to change my glove box doors. Your help would be appraciated and if it would be explained with pictures or video, I would be so thankful... :)
1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
IIRC you need to insert one side of the handle (with pin installed) then the other side fits to where it should and you insert the remaining pin to hold the handle in place.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Ha, this exact same thing happened to me a couple of days ago.
My problem is that one whole side that holds the pin broke off.
But yeah, you have to insert the pin on one side, then with a small tool, slide the pin to center position so that it holds the handle in on both sides.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The handle I bought on ebay and shipped from China fits well. The only problem is it was not painted like the original. However, it works well and the color difference of the bare gray plastic and the gray paint is not that much difference. I paid about $5 for mine. I just checked on ebay and there are some for sale for less than $2 shipped. Not much to loose for $2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts