Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
yeah....it's funny Dan....I've posted more since that text thread, in this forum, than ANY other forum since I traded my Passat. Kinda nice to get back on the boards...
That’s because your a mk4 guy now...

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
Matt...what are you doing posting? Get back in that sand! But true.......I am a MKIV guy now......she's a fun DD.....just wondering how long it will last before I snag something else :whistle: I wouldn't be averse to getting into a S/C'd or already built passat.....shoot I think I still have parts in my garage somewhere...

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Man this blows, can't even Reply with Quote

Old schoolin' it here

^^
just wondering how long it will last before I snag something else I wouldn't be averse to getting into a S/C'd or already built passat.....

I'm contemplating a S/C on my W8.
Wanting to talk to the guys over at PES. Gotta yank the motor sometime. Might as well do something with it as long as it's out, right?

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Man this blows, can't even Reply with Quote

Old schoolin' it here

^^
just wondering how long it will last before I snag something else I wouldn't be averse to getting into a S/C'd or already built passat.....

I'm contemplating a S/C on my W8.
Wanting to talk to the guys over at PES. Gotta yank the motor sometime. Might as well do something with it as long as it's out, right?

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Oh now I'm double posting.
ARGH!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Just got a FB message from a friend. His co-worker came by and dropped a stack of papers on his desk. Evidently, the co-worker took his 2009 Passat to the dealer for the CEL. The repair estimate is $3700. That's more than a new engine for my RX-8. It's also more than my RX-8 is worth right now.

I directed him here to get the community's take on it. The dealer he likely went to was good when I was taking my B5 there but that was a long time ago. They've moved locations and changed ownership at least once each.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Bump... another old timer here. Haven't logged into this site in the longest time. This place has changed.
What the?! Another one suddenly pops out from obscurity. Couple more and it'll be like a reunion. :p

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Hey I am still here :) Not posting much but still enjoying my wagon This place did change a lot for sure but it's good to see people come back...

·
Registered
953 Posts
I wish I could have gotten to know some of you guys. I traded my B5.5 TDI in 2015 for an 05 Audi A6 and found love. I still have my 92 Corrado and take it out to scream down the highway once in a while, but I fell on hard times and couldn't make the payments on my Audi so she passed to the next guy. I had the heart attack that they call "the Widowmaker" last year and complications kept me from working. I had triple bypass surgery followed by a lot of nonsense that won't seem to get better. I bought a 98 Mercedes ML320 for $600 and drive it around hoping it will finally die so I can move on to the next rolling junk heap. I miss my Passats

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
I wish I could have gotten to know some of you guys. I traded my B5.5 TDI in 2015 for an 05 Audi A6 and found love. I still have my 92 Corrado and take it out to scream down the highway once in a while, but I fell on hard times and couldn't make the payments on my Audi so she passed to the next guy. I had the heart attack that they call "the Widowmaker" last year and complications kept me from working. I had triple bypass surgery followed by a lot of nonsense that won't seem to get better. I bought a 98 Mercedes ML320 for $600 and drive it around hoping it will finally die so I can move on to the next rolling junk heap. I miss my Passats
That sucks! Praying you're back on your feet and 100% soon.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,625 Posts
Yes, the glory days was back when this site was ClubB5. I still miss my W8 6MT wagon. It was pretty cool to have a car that less than a 100 were ever imported into the US. I did get a 155K miles out of the car so I can't complain. This year marks my 40 years with VWs. I've downsized to Golfs now and enjoy the extra space in the garage.

I also miss Snorkfest. Jay and his family were so kind to host this event for many years including celebrating 10 years of ClubB5.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts