Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think there was a post about this in the past, but I am having trouble locating it. If anyone can find it, please post a link. Otherwise, please chime in with any cool ideas for groomsmen gifts. A buddy is getting married in a few weeks and is looking for good ideas. Cost will certainly be an object, but this post is for ideas regardless of cost. Thanks,

Carl III

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Is he looking for practicale or showy?

I gave out nice travel bags from Lands End with their initials, my best friend gave out mini Leathermen, and another friend gave out initialed silver money clips.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
For the one wedding I was in, besides my own, I got a Cross pen and pencil set.

·
Registered
902 Posts
VdubTX said:
How about a beer stein engraved with their names on it. I got one a while back and still use it.
I agree, a good friend of mine gave these out, imported from germany. Excellent gift.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I received a engraved Beetle desk clock when I attended my sisters wedding. I suggest give them something they can use.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Flask w/ leather embossed barrel...Oh, filled w/ 151....Lota fun throughout the w/e.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
DCdave said:
For the one wedding I was in, besides my own, I got a Cross pen and pencil set.
Yeah I got the same at two different weddings. The one I was a groomsman and the other the best man. The only difference was that when I was the best man I recieved a gold set and the other guys a silver set.

Jason

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Are you wearing suits? We did Navy Suits rather than tux's so Igave them each a matching tie to wear at the wedding. Nicce,fine silk, like $65 a piece

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks gang. We appreciate the ideas. The rehearsal dinner is going to be either at Denny's or Golden Corral depending on the wait. We were thinking of stuff like soap-on-a-rope or NASCAR action figures and of course a bottle of Jack, but your ideas sound a lot better. Hopefully, we won't have to bail the best man out of jail for the rehearsal and the wedding. He likes to fight a little too much. The bride is getting a case of cigarettes for each of her matrons and a pack of those girly cigarette holders. I think she's gonna do a personal t-shirt for each of them as well down at the make-your-own t-shirt place. Either way, thanks again for the ideas.

Carl III

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK... I was just kidding, but I couldn't resist. The wedding is actually going to be on a Plantation in Baton Rouge, LA. It'll probably be a fairly high brow affair. I think beer-of-the-month or thinkgeek.com might be winners. The engraved stuff is ok, but only if they will actually use it.

Thanks again for the suggestions,

Carl III

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
21 Participants
andrew28
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing