Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got off the phone yesterday with a GIAC dealer in Willow Groove PA and he said they will have the Direct Port Programing in 2 weeks.
Anyone else hear of the DPP for GIAC?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Just an FYI, I delt with those guys back in January regarding a DPP for my A4. He kept telling me 2 weeks as well. They were having issues with the new hardware and programming so I decided to chip the old fashioned way. Hopefulyl now they have worked the kinks out.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also called APR dealer----OUCH! $499 for the program $149 for 2nd program to switch back to stock and $59 for security lockout and they want another $25 install fee to download the program that takes 15 minutes! Will be checking into the Upsolute chip for $300 download program.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
APR and GIAC are among the best software programmers. You get what you pay for.

2 weeks is the answer always given when they really don't know but would like to have something soon to sell you. It's one of those internal jokes in a lot of companies for when a consumer asks when something will be available.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TwoLitreVW said:
APR and GIAC are among the best software programmers. You get what you pay for.

2 weeks is the answer always given when they really don't know but would like to have something soon to sell you. It's one of those internal jokes in a lot of companies for when a consumer asks when something will be available.
That may be but I have heard nothing but praise for Upsolute!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Go to AWE in Willow Grove. It is a nice short drive for us Lehigh Valley boys! My GIAC still makes me smile. :) Did you get any info about costs of the new direct port programing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts